Thread: XRS vs 625

XRS vs 625

Hello all. I hope you are doing well. I have a question and have came to y'all hoping maybe with your experience to find an answer. So here goes. I know the older Blazer model boats were a stolen design from the Bullet boats. So my question is, is the new Blazer 625 elite based off the same design as the XRS? They both have a lot of similarities like the day box, storage lockers, etc. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your answers
    Last edited by hawkeye45b; 05-06-2018 at 03:13 PM.

2. Member
    I'm going to say the 625 is more of a wider body boat I haven't spent any time in a xrs and very little in a 625.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye45b View Post
    Hello all. I hope you are doing well. I have a question and have came to y'all hoping maybe with your experience to find an answer. So here goes. I know the older Blazer model boats were a stolen design from the Bullet boats. So my question is, is the new Blazer 625 elite based off the same design as the XRS? They both have a lot of similarities like the day box, storage lockers, etc. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your answers
    Well, first of all, i owned three blazers prior to owning my last two bullets. The Blazer design was NOT STOLEN from Bullet! This is a misconception that needs to be put to rest. Blazer makes a great boat. They have been in business nearly as long as bullet, and have always made a great boat, of THEIR OWN design.
    As for the new boats, i highly doubt its based off of anything Bullet has. I love my bullet boat, but i will never say that blazer has a bad boat , or a copied version of another company. All bass boats have some type of similarities of some sort. However, i believe Blazer has a great team of designers that make a very nice and well thought out rig.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

blazer always seemed more like a cookie cutter to me over bullet quality. you can get the actual truth from this thread from an insider if you want to know if blazer copied bullet:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=50867

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    Only person that I knew that owned a Blazer, bought a Bullet after he hit a decent wave in his Blazer and it almost broke completely in half

If thats the same one i know of ronnie at arkansas marine ended up with it when he sold the guy the new bullet and was threatened with lawsuits for showing it to people by at least the local dealer. Last he told me is he donated it to a paintball field in benton as cover so as not have it anymore

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. BBC SPONSOR
    You can't tell me Blazer did not copy the bullet hull. I bought a rotten one last summer to part our
    T and the hull is identical on bottom
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    If thats the same one i know of ronnie at arkansas marine ended up with it when he sold the guy the new bullet and was threatened with lawsuits for showing it to people by at least the local dealer. Last he told me is he donated it to a paintball field in benton as cover so as not have it anymore
    That would be Flint and he sold his Bullet to Phillip and last I knew Curt Moyer bought it

the yellow and white bullet- ole flint

10. Member
    Yep with a 300 Promax with no rev limiter and Bracato intake,Fast boat

11. Member
    I may be completely wrong but Didn't Blazer also copy a transom design from a Ranger a few years back. Ranger came out with that set back transom and I thought just a short time after Blazer has one that is almost a match. Not saying Blazers are bad boats just stating this maybe another example.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

12. Member
    Yes, they had one similar to a Ranger

Pretty sure the 625’s were ahead of the SS which was ahead of the XRS.

14. Banned
    Yeah Paul Nichols clearly states that nobody sued anybody, but that Blazer did copy the 20 foot Bullet hull. I mean come on, especially if you've looked at a mid 90s Blazer 202 the pad and even top cap are the same dang thing. I've owned both. They're identical. In design. Not quality. Guess which I own now.

As far as the 625, that's much more of its own boat. Look like nice rigs for a good price, I would tell someone to give them a look.

15. Member
    If he is asking about the 625 and xrs why is everyone talking about the 202 vs 20XD? I have owned both brands. The 625 came out before the xrs so it cant be a copy. I have been around both boats and the 625 seems to be wider. Set back on the 625
    is similar to the 210. Everyone will have different opinions. Bullet is hand laid and Blazer is made with a chopper gun. That is the big diff.
    2003 Bullet 21XDC with 2012 250 Mercury Sport XS
    1997 Allison 2003 with Mercury 225 Pro Max

16. Member
    I have owned a 04 202 with a 250 Yam EFI , a 15 XRS with a 250 pro xs & now own a 595 Blazer with a 225 & been in a 625 with a 250 pro xs. 1st the performance numbers best speed - 1 person full tackle 04 202 250 yam 83.0 GPS ,15 XRS 250 pro xs -85.0,17 595 225 pro xs 79.0,16-625 250 pro xs 81.0 .The new Blazers 625 & 595 are much wider and to me fish far better than any Bullet I have fished out of,The Bullet was a ton of fun to drive & was faster than the Blazers and the gel coat did look better.Only negatives on the Bullet I had were sits low in the water rear,leans when moving from side to side ,& the XRS I owned had gel coat cracking problems in about 8 places with less than 20 easy hours on it. But Bullet did take care of the problem at n/c. None of the Blazers I had ever had a gel crack but I know they can like any other boat.If going fast is is number 1 on your list Bullet or Allison are it .I do not feel that the 625 and the XRS are anything alike .

17. Member
    What's the price difference in the two?
    Xrs vs. 625

18. Member
    I was told by Keith Craft himself that they bought a Bullet from a dealer in Louisiana and splashed the Bullet hull several years ago at a BBC rally.

19. Member
    The Blazer should be 7 or 8 K less

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_gt View Post
    What's the price difference in the two?
    Xrs vs. 625
    You can get a pretty loaded out Blazer for around $58,000. The same Bullet will cost you $70,000