Lifting boat off trailer

Alright I'm looking for suggestions on how to get my boat lifted off of the trailer so I can paint the bottom. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

2. Member

3. Member
    Thanks but that doesn't really help me as I'm trying to lift the boat in a way that I can safely paint the bottom.

4. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=160248

Several topics on this searching. Had my hull flipped for Gator Hull installation he did it in his shop. I was thinking bout it but too much work for me to get done especially on your back.

5. Member
    Thanks a lot that thread was a little more helpful but I'm also considering just buying two A frame hoist and heavy duty straps. If I go this route I will feel a lot safer knowing that each a frame has a weight capacity of 2000lb which is more than enough. The plan will be to put one A frame at the bow of the boat using a strap hooked to the front eye lifting it up and one A frame at the rear with two straps at each eye lifting both ends at the same time. This should give me more than enough room underneath to paint and peace of mind knowing it will be pretty safe and secure.

6. Member
    Good luck and be careful..

7. Member
    Thanks and absolutely, safety is a big deal. This will be a project over the summer and will have pics of before, during the project, and after.

8. Member
    Lower the tongue all the way, with tongue jack, put blocking under the aft keel, and hull corners. Lift the tongue back up, with the tongue jack. This should get the stern off the trailer, put a jack/plate under the keel just behind forward cross-member, roll trailer to jack, reposition, repeat. You really only need 3 points of contact to do, what you need to do.!

9. Member
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
    Lower the tongue all the way, with tongue jack, put blocking under the aft keel, and hull corners. Lift the tongue back up, with the tongue jack. This should get the stern off the trailer, put a jack/plate under the keel just behind forward cross-member, roll trailer to jack, reposition, repeat. You really only need 3 points of contact to do, what you need to do.!

I have done a few boats this way works well, safe, and cheap.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
    Yep I have done this many times........So easy!

I did mine with a car lift ,lock the arms and use two straps to suspend the boat when lifted off trailer then set boat on another trailer

13. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I like the looks of those Brownell lifts!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    I like the looks of those Brownell lifts!
    I like it alot. Literally takes me 30min alone to pull the trailer out, taking my time to.
    2 ppl about 15-20.
    Great for buffing and waxing, trailer repairs...etc...
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC