Pennhurst Asylum

Spent the day shooting at Pennhurst Asylum in Spring City, Pa. The Asylum opened around 1908 and closed in 1987. We were allowed to walk thru "Mayflower" one on only a few of the 14 buildings open. Some of the buildings, we were told, have been closed for 70 years. Curt

Wow! Creepy.
    2003 Ranger 521VX
    2003 Mercury 250XS S# 0T652530

3. Member
    Nice Curt! Great composition:)

4. Member
    Great set, Curt! I especially appreciate how the mood of the images matches the details of the actual structure...dark & looming. Nice work!
    "The most dangerous risk of all -the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later." -random Facebook pic that came up on my wall

8'6" Longboard
    6'6" Shortboard

5. Member
    Yes, Creepy place. There are tunnels that connect many of the building. It was too dark for HDR shots but some in our group used color gel'd flash and also light painting of objects in the tunnels. Our camera club is making three trips to the asylum. I was in the first, the second and third are one and three weeks away. I may jump in on the last trip. There is so much there to photograph. Curt

6. Member
    nice pics , really get a weird feeling looking at the place knowing what it was used for .

7. Member
    Another cool penitentiary is Eastern State in Philadelphia. You can tour the place with headphones. It’s just amazing of what these early penitentiary facilities though would rehabilitate prisoners.

https://www.easternstate.org/
    92 492vs. 92 Suzuki 225 EFI