Panoptix extension cable

Any one know if Garmin offers an extension cable for panoptix? Started looking at mounting my ps22 today, have a precision sonar cable guard on way. So mounted the unit on my terrova, ran the cable up to the head of trolling motor, tie with a zip tie, just reconoitering how I'd route the cable, discovered cable too short to reach the unit on console. Got on Garmins site and looked around, couldn't find anything. The terrova is mounted on the passenger side of boat, if it were mounted on drivers side, cable would reach, don't feel much like remounting tm.

2. Member
    Went back out and looked at setup again, I wasnt thinking when I said cable would reach if tm aligned on other side of boat-thats true when motor not deployed, but when motor is deployed the head of unit is at point of bow of course. So bottom line is cable about 1 foot too short to reach console.

3. Member
    Looks like you're stuck. The only Garmin solution I know of comes in two parts. They do make a network extension cable. Problem is, it's male RJ45 on both ends. So then you have to add the rather expensive waterproof coupler.
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/1191/pn/010-10580-00
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/1132

Sorry, I don't remember all the details but I have used non-garmin ethernet cables and had them work and not work. Compared to standard ethernet cables, I believe the Garmin cable is a crossover cable and uses the shielded ground. I tried a non-Garmin extension once connecting a PS21 to an echomap chirp 93sv and had it work. Later I tried using it through a hub and it wouldn't turn on. So temporarily you may craft something that will work but keep in mind the marine environment and you'll need those moisture/waterproof connections.

Hopefully somebody knows of a Garmin extension cable male on one end, female on the other with the waterproof connectors, but I don't know of one.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Thanks for those links Leonard. Yeah, a little pricey and a little frustrating, but if they work Im good with it. Im new to Garmin and panoptix, I looked at compatible units for those items on garmins website and echomap plus wasnt listed. Are those fittings pretty much universal to any unit that has a panoptix port?

5. Member
    Yes.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Run only the bottom half of the Precision kit with air hose. Run cable under trolling motor mount. No extension needed.

7. Banned
    That's is what I bought and they have worked great. I bought mine off of amazon. Yes it's pricey but it worked good for me.