150HO g2 code 201

Had this code come on today during a tournament, wouldn’t even allow the motor to turn over. Used the trolling mootor and any time I even used the trim the alarm would sound until I would hit the alarm button. I looked and saw it was a shift position sensor. End of the day and I load the boat and in the parking lot I touch the key to show someone and the code was gone and the motor turned over. What should I do? Run it again or dealership?
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

code 201 is shift position sensor does not jive with neutral switch. Often a connection glitch or calibration mis-match. Water in the gear oil or a mechanical movement issue also.

It is check with your dealer time as the code will be stored in memory.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

3. Member
    Yes it is. Got home and tried it on the muffs and as soon as I put it in gear I then got a code 204.

204 is it cannot shift correctly, possible mechanical interference.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

5. Member
    So my boat is still at the dealership. They had made mention about a recent service bulletin that just came out the previous week that had to do with the gear case. Do any of the techs on here know what it was for?

6. Member
    Ask for the bulletin number because no bulletin of any type (TST / service / warranty) has come out for the gearcase on the 2.6L G2 since very early 2017.