FURY VS TEMPEST?

If hull and load are the same and assuming you adjust jack plate to the right height for each prop, does a fury spin more RPM's then a Tempest?

2. Member
    Pitch for pitch, a Tempest should have higher RPM's. Normally about 150-200 more RPM's.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    Pitch for pitch, a Tempest should have higher RPM's. Normally about 150-200 more RPM's.
    Glad I asked, thank you for the information because I was assuming due to the Tempest having a larger diameter it would be harder to spin. I was not sure thats why I asked

Stein is right on...I run a 25 Fury and a 26 Tempest...About the same RPM...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Stein is right on...I run a 25 Fury and a 26 Tempest...About the same RPM...
    Still waiting for my digital TAC, but it does show i'm turning a 24 Tempest to 6700 rpm's and jumping out of the hole with a very heavy load. Do you think my Honda 250 would turn up more then a 25 Tempest when I have it worked? I don't think I could turn a 26 but, maybe a 25.5 pitch custom Tempest with a Balanced and Blueprint job what do you think??

6700 is really high especially with your heavy load...I'd wait for your digital gauge just to be sure before putting money into props...Also, you could reach to Honda about getting you propped right. I bet they would send up a rep to see you and he may be able to bring several props to try.

If the 6700 is accurate then for sure you can spin a 25.5 and maybe a 26 Tempest and be around 6300.

I tried various 25 and 26 pitch props on mine...Lightly loaded, two guys, and 1/2 tank of fuel...I was around the 6000 mark. I don't remember if I tried the Tempest but I tried a Fury, RKR 3, and a Honda prop.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    I tried various 25 and 26 pitch props on mine...Lightly loaded, two guys, and 1/2 tank of fuel...I was around the 6000 mark. I don't remember if I tried the Tempest but I tried a Fury, RKR 3, and a Honda prop.
    Thank you for the information