Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultrex heading light

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    That’s a cool idea, is it annoying bright at night time?

3. Member
    I got some light dimming stickers. Using on all my lights for night time. They work great. This pic was before the sticker. Much better now. Can place on foot peddle, finders, etc...

4. Banned
    Doesn’t make sense that MK can’t spend .50¢ on a little led light pointer on a $2300.00 tm.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Dont see the need, unless maybe in pitch black.. you use the whole head as direction on an ultrex, pretty straight forward.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 05-05-2018 at 12:09 PM.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Someone fishing as least for 5 yrs or more should be aware of position/direction of foot pedal to know what direction they are heading....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    That direction light comes in handy when night fishing.

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Dont see the need, unless maybe in pitch black.. you use the whole head as direction on an ultrex, pretty straight forward.
    Cant see the head for the blue light off the pedal!!
    And no I don’t fish with my foot on the pedal at night!

I have fished night Tournaments once a week for over 10 years when I’m off work.

9. Banned
    I can tell which way it’s pointed with my foot. I also know how to put a piece of tape over the light on the pedal if I fish at night

10. Banned
    Still not all that hard to put a light on top, it’s not like it would draw many amps.

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    I can tell which way it’s pointed with my foot. I also know how to put a piece of tape over the light on the pedal if I fish at night
    Troy sorry I’m just a fisherman and don’t have it all figured out. I don’t run with my foot on the trolling motor all the time, First it’s not my fishing style, second my ankle was shattered and I have 7 screws in it and it’s been swollen since the wreak.

I have been out once with the new motor and couldn’t see the deck, much less the head of the trolling motor or where I was stepping.

But I’ll buy some 3.00 masking tape for my trolling motor, and try and fish like you!!!

What Jerseys do you wear??

Oh and I guess others are having the same issues since some have figured out how to put a light on it, and other have tricks to hide the light!!

Guess I’m looking for a better fix then Tape!!!

12. Banned
    I don’t fish at night much but I’m sure I’d figure something out before I’d have to post a complaint about it here. It’s a pretty minor issue that’s easy to work around. The light is pretty cool but I’d suggest red to better maintain night vision. The green would be worse than the blue light on the foot control.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    I don’t fish at night much but I’m sure I’d figure something out before I’d have to post a complaint about it here. It’s a pretty minor issue that’s easy to work around. The light is pretty cool but I’d suggest red to better maintain night vision. The green would be worse than the blue light on the foot control.
    Well maybe before you say something about my complaint that was more a less a joke, take your boat out and try and fish, without tape as I did the first night, look down to pick up a rod and then try to find the bank again.

YES I was talking about a fix as soon as the sun went down with my partner, and posted that I love it except mine night time. Maybe you folks need to chill and have a since of humor first, Then try it yourself before making a comment based on your day fishing!!!!

Then post a Reply!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Well maybe before you say something about my complaint that was more a less a joke, take your boat out and try and fish, without tape as I did the first night, look down to pick up a rod and then try to find the bank again.

YES I was talking about a fix as soon as the sun went down with my partner, and posted that I love it except mine night time. Maybe you folks need to chill and have a since of humor first, Then try it yourself before making a comment based on your day fishing!!!!

Then post a Reply!!
    Pretty much the lamest complaint against a product ever. Yep you won the award.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samluke36 View Post
    Pretty much the lamest complaint against a product ever. Yep you won the award.

Not really. If it causes you to lose your night vision then it’s a valid complaint. I don’t night fish very often but when I did do it, it was pretty tricky to have additional lights messing with your vision.

16. Member
    its not a horrible idea. i was just thinking about this myself. id put a light on mine to make it more visible in low light. i often ghost launch boat with terrova unclicked and turn till it deploys. hard to see motor head when im not in boat.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougL58 View Post
    DougL58, did you install that yourself? Was it easy to do? Is that a static light which has an arrow that faces the middle of the head? Thanks.

Howard Harris
    Phoenix, Arizona 85048
    2019 20'9" Ranger Z520C
    250 Mercury V8 Pro XS Four-Stroke/Serial #:2B644590
    Minn Kota Ultrex 36V 112LB 45"
    LiveScope LVS34 Plus & Garmin 102SV (Bow)
    LiveScanner Motorized Pole/RyTek Marine Bracket/Garmin LVS34 Plus Xducer)
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live (Driver's Console)
    Precision Sonar Plates, Brackets, and Gimbals
    23P Mercury Fury-3 Blade
    Email: azhohar@centurylink.net

18. Member
    I night fish every weekend during the summer and found two layers of grey electrical tape dims the bright lights on the trolling motor perfectly and you can still see them. I have a depth finder mounted above the front of my recessed petal and put a small LED light on the underneath side of the bracket that lights up my pedal and front deck without shinning in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by charg295 View Post
    I night fish every weekend during the summer and found two layers of grey electrical tape dims the bright lights on the trolling motor perfectly and you can still see them. I have a depth finder mounted above the front of my recessed petal and put a small LED light on the underneath side of the bracket that lights up my pedal and front deck without shinning in my eyes.
    Thanks for the tip.

There’s also glow-in-the-dark tape you can use for TM heads. I don’t fish much at night or in the dark before the sun comes up but it get the Ultrex foot pedal lights. I use electrical tape and cover 3/4 of the lights to cut down on the brightness when needed.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast