Annual spring fishing/camping trip April 26, 27, and 28

The men from my Sunday School class camped out at Campbell Point at Table Rock last Thursday and Friday nights. Thursday was cold and dreary, Friday was brighter and warmer, and by Saturday it was absolutely beautiful. The fishing was tough starting out but impoved as the water warmed over the three days. We managed to catch enough for a fish fry on Friday night. it was awesome. Food, fun, fellowship and fishin'. Pretty hard to beat. Can't wait til our fall trip up at Stockton now.....

New tow vehicle pulls the Ranger very well.

Dreary foggy trip down to the lake on Thursday....

Home sweet home for three days....

Dinkers or monsters....we don't care. They are all fun.

Fishing was pretty tough for April, but we managed to put together another awesome fish fry...

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 05-04-2018 at 10:45 PM.

We have a traveling "Big Fish" trophy we pass on to the guy that catches the biggest fish each trip. I think it looks awesome on my mantle.....just sayin'.

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 05-04-2018 at 10:47 PM.

3. Member
    Steve that is a NICE walleye, what did you catch it on ?? I went with Rick LaPoint once years ago and he spooned up a 5lb. walleye right outside Cambell point Marina

4. Member
    looks like you guys had a great time! Glad you were able to catch some and eat some fish great pics thanks for sharing

The walleye are getting pretty thick in the whole Shell Knob area of Table Rock. We catch them almost every trip now just accidentally while bass fishing. I caught this one on that custom painted yellow wiggle wart.

Summer started on the Saturday of this weekend. He has been relentless ever since. Amazing that we can go from unseasonably cold to unseasonably hot, literally overnight.....

Over this weekend we put at least another hour of the break in time in on the motor.....its gonna be awesome...