Light oxidation and swirls

After 10 years of hard use the top cap on my 2008 Skeeter could use a little TLC. It is showing some light oxidation in places and very light scratches or swirl marks in places. What would be my best course of action to polish it back to a showroom shine? It is about half gel cote and half flake if that matters.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

2. Member
    Wool pad with a med or light cut 3M compound, then pro tec with a foam pad, wait a day, then the protec sealent with a foam pad, followed by the sealer by hand once or twice. Should take you 3 days if done properly in steps. The protec with a wool pad could also be a starting point depending on condition. Try a spot with 3m or meguires compound to see if it might just need a light wetsanding.

Neil....to get that “show room” back you’re talkin about....you’ll prolly need a few rounds of sanding, not to cut the gel but to refine finish. Then it’ll need to be followed with a couple rounds of buffing to get the quality of finish you’ve probably seen on NC page. Eddie’s Bass Cat or David’s Stratos are two that come to mind...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Neil, Ted can work magic with your boat. It would be well worth the money to have him "make it new again"!! Mine looks better now than it did when it was new!!! I"m pretty sure Ted wouldn't mind you dropping by so he can explain how and what he does.
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Here's a comprehensive article about a color correction, polish and ceramic coating. It's a great idea once you've done all the work getting it back to protect the finish with a proper coating.

https://www.wavetowave.com/home/2018...olor-and-shine