Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Wow!

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yup... Fake news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eriedude View Post
    Just another long arm photo from a guy who's probably never caught a 6 before.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    The guy who caught it has a really bad reputation here in Michigan. Sunk 2 borrowed boats, was caught guiding without a guide or captains licence. There's more that I won't go into regarding this individual. He is long arming the fish in the picture. It's a nice fish for sure, but it isn't no where near 9lbs.
    Funny thing is...I can't see where Schram has ever cashed a check in a tournament but we have both heard of him....Shows you what publicity does...Good or bad...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Beautiful fish, I would love to catch one that size, but I also have doubts as to the weight.
    I would say Lakerecord.net had their doubts as well because it says they wouldn't verify the weight.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Funny thing is...I can't see where Schram has ever cashed a check in a tournament but we have both heard of him....Shows you what publicity does...Good or bad...
    I know of him through friends who are still very active in the tournament scene. Social media has also exposed him and his questionable behavior and ethics.

8. Member
    He posted a picture on BR of a smallmouth on a scale that read 9-7. Doesn't look 9-7 but who knows.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    A fish of that magnitude is SUPER rare. Not saying there aren't 9lb smallies swimming around LSC/Great Lakes, but there would be more 7lb-8.5lb smallies caught in my opinion if there was a 9lb swimming around LSC... It seems the weight for a "giant" LSC smallie is in the 6lb-7lb range, and every half pound or so over say 7lb is even more and more rare/scarce. There are two photos of TRUE 9lb+ state certified smallies that were caught recently and they are in a whole different class than this guys supposed 9lb... Both of the TRUE 9lb+ pics of the state certified fish look way longer and bigger than his supposed 9lb.

The "ratio" of weights for largemouth are roughly double those of smallies (the world record largemouth is roughly double that of the smallmouth world record). So with that, catching a 9lb smallie would be like catching a 18lb largemouth and to only have two lousy photos of a fish that size is absurd!!! A high teen largemouth is rare even out in Cali and those guys would have taking tons of pics and multiple videos of a 15lb+ largemouth!!!! There's NO way any other die hard bass fisherman would have caught a fish of that size and only take two pictures of that fish - one weird super up close selfie type pic and another pic of a $20 Berkley scale not showing the full fish (he could have been pulling the tail for all we know, waves on LSC effecting the scale or his scale is "off"). I don't care if it was catch and release season or not, I would have thrown her in the livewell for a few minutes and "gathered myself" and got out my measuring tape and set up a video of it then cut her loose. I thought I saw where he had a buddy with him in the boat, but if not and he was solo, I would have called over the nearest boat and have them do a video of me measuring the length, girth and weight of that size of a fish (not just snap two lousy pics and tossing her back....)!!! I would have also asked for someone else's scale to "double check" the accuracy of my scale and if one wasn't available I would have done a separate video of me showing the accuracy of my scale with a 5lb or 10lb dumbbell after I got home... Both my PB smallie and largemouth I have video of length and girth along with scale pics (I used a IGFA certified 15lb Boga grip, not a $20 Berkley scale) and tons of other pics.

And being on a couple fishing shows doesn't "improve" his credibility with me. Just because you're on a fishing show doesn't mean you know what you're doing....

If he would have properly documented his catch there would be ZERO discussion on all these forums because there would be ZERO doubt that his catch wasn't legit. It's 2018, not the 1700's.... there are plenty of fish measuring options on the market to verify your catch including video. And IF he's been on all these TV shows and has "street credit" with them, then he should have KNOWN that he should have got better documentation of that sized catch, it's not like it was grandpa with a worm and a cane pole who caught this "9lb" and didn't know what he had caught. The only reason there's buzz online about it is because everyone and their mom is questioning/arguing over the legitimacy of his catch (some naive people are taking his "word" for gospel truth).

A simple short 30-60 video of him measuring length/girth and then a full shot of the fish on the scale along with a "calibration verification" of his scale follow up video would have squashed all doubt of the legitimacy of his catch...

There's some guys out there that "stretch" their fish catches to generate interest/buzz on their social media accounts/YouTube channels, etc to increase their popularity with both their "sponsors" and the general public.

I'm ain't buying his 9lb story! FAKE NEWS!

And I didn't even touch on this guys supposed "sketchy" past.....

My .02

10. Member
    So I've been tipped off from friends about some forum sites that are talking about my smallmouth and well talking about me in general. The good news is that there are more fisherman that believe my 9-7 smallmouth than don't in these forums and do not even know me but have stuck up for me. So I appreciate that. But what is sad to me and the telling tale of a straight up hater is when they go off topic about my personal life. So since I can not defend myself on this forums since I am far too busy with my music career I thought that I would take a few minutes to clear the air with those of you who DON'T know me and give you my story. Then you can make your own decisions. So firstly....the fish was weighed 4 times over. It read 9-7 all 4 times with a witness in the boat. It was 9lbs. I've held 7's and I knew it was quite a bit bigger. Which is why I made a CALL to the bait store to find out what the record was exactly. I have a picture of the fish on the scale reading the weight. Funny how many smallmouth pic experts come out though. Some have said not even 5lbs. Some have said maybe 6 1/2 lol. Ya'll are all over the place for being experts lol. I can tell you that the only guy who has even SEEN one of that size and currently holds the OH state record called me to tell me how big he thought the fish was. The pic was good enough for him but not good enough for the guys who haven't ever seen one?? I guess that does make sense. But let's go down the rabbit hole now so that all of you understand what really happens in lake St Clair tourney fishing and how immature these guys really are out there. So take it for what it is.

1. Mini Maniaci
    Many of you have probably heard of the great Mini and his experience on Lake St Clair. Mini use to take me out smallmouth fishing on a regular basis and showed me a lot of things about smallmouth. We were very good friends until one day.....I realized his game. I realized how he thinks that every spot is his spot on the lake and i began to get annoyed. There was a tourney where my friend who was fairly new to smallmouth fishing was fishing with his partner. They were fishing his partners way point and it happened to be on a spot that Mini and his partner were fishing. Mini and Derrin got so mad that somebody was one "their spot" that they threatened to call the coast guard to get them off it lol. I mean really?? So after that I had had enough and called him out on it. Since that day we have not talked much and our relationship was destroyed. THAT is why Mini Maniaci talks crap about Brian Schram because I called him out on his own crap. I'm sorry but i don't care HOW long you have been fishing Lake St Clair, there is NO spot that is "your spot" and I promise you somebody knew about it before you did. So don't act like your Gods gift to fishin and say things like "thank you for your contribution" at the end of winning a tourney. It's just about having CLASS.

2. The Lake St Clair tourney and guide Posey: People on that lake have been jealous of my sponsorship from day 1. Nobody likes a guy that gets free boats every year along with free gear. Yes I said FREE not dealer cost or state pro discount. Free. It really made a lot of people angry that have been fishing all their lives and didnt have that. Just like people who have been fishing all their lives and havent seen let alone caught a 9-7 smallmouth bass. Hmm I see a common denominator here lol. So besides that, these people are like a gang. They all know each other so they all talk crap with each other. You piss one off you piss them all off so in Mini's case he is basically the gang leader and everyone follows suit. On the Muskie side its Jason Quintano. 3 yrs ago he was trolling all around a school of muskie casters at Grassy Island. It was the first time I had ever dealt with anything like that and I accidentally casted over his trolling line. So instead of snapping his mono with my 100lb braid I CHASED his boat around until I was able to free my bulldawg from his trolling line. So that they didnt have to stop and mess up their lines. He still called me every name in the book. And one of the guys that commented on my 9-7 smallmouth with personal comments not even having to do with the fish itself. Common denominator again?? Yep

3. Guide license:
    I'm tired of hearing the lies about this one so here it is. Its simple. I went to school for my guiding license at Anglers Point. I took all of the classes and PASSED. I handed all of my stuff in to get my license and started guiding. I jumped the gun. I should have waited until I had my license IN HAND. It was not a big deal at all.

4. The sinking boat theory:
    Did I sink a boat on lake Erie in a Bassmaster OPEN event?? FALSE. I did NOT SINK any boat. I borrowed a boat from who I thought was a friend for the tourney. This was when my music career started to get busy so I did not inquire for a boat that year with Bass Pro Shops because I knew that I would not have the time to PROMOTE it on the water. So this gentleman had me pick up his boat from Sturgeon Bay. I didnt realize it had a crack in the stern near the motor until I got it home to Michigan. I called him to ask him about it and he replied "don't worry about it I've been running all year like that". So I figured running all year on the roughest water there IS meant that it wasnt that bad. Well It turned out to be too much for Erie and I started taking on water in the first 30 min of that tourney. The boat did NOT sink I had to beach it on the island. The boat was suppose to be insured like the owner had told me. Turns out he would NOT make a claim for whatever reason to cover the cost of the tow and sent me a bill for 7k. I was shocked. Also a guy that talks crap because I didnt pay the full 7k bill he sent me.

So I will say this after all of that ^^. Have I had faults in my life?? Of course I have who hasn't?? Skip Johnson was in PRISON before he gained respect as an angler for God sake. I have done nothing to nobody and I love to fish. That's it. No more no less I LOVE to fish. I have fished with some of the GREATEST anglers on the planet and been on some of the biggest TV shows. I'm not sure they all would have had me as a guest if I were such a bad guy and a liar lol. I don't lie about ANYTHING let alone the size of a fish. I won't cheat MYSELF like that as I am a SPORTSMAN. And as far as that 9-7 smallmouth I caught...if I WOULD have done a dang photo shoot of the fish then people would have RAILED me for having the fish out of the water too long during "catch and release" season lol. My buddy is new to bass fishing and he did the best he could with pictures and we got what we got. But the scale don't lie and if you cant tell how big that fish is from my most recent released picture then you are just jealous or in denial lol. But of course the Lake St Clair tourney Poss would take the opportunity to hate lol. So you see it doesn't matter. No matter what I do they will always find a way. It is extremely sad how grown men can pass judgement based on hear-say. I guess I thought grown men had more of a mind of their own.

So there you go and I know many will say "you dont have to defend yourself dont worry bout the haters" but I thought that I owed this to the anglers that do not know me. You can't believe everything you hear. There is always another story and now you know mine.

BJS-

11. Member
    let the shit start to fly.

12. Member
    Always good to get both sides.

PS I'm actually eating while reading this.

13. Member
    Thanks mane!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Wow!
    Thanks dude!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    SLAUNCH DONKEY TOAD!!
    Yesir!!

16. Member
    That was MY reaction when she came over the bow

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Holy crap batman..... that thing is a pig. And I thought 6+ was huge.....
    6+ IS huge lol. This thing was just different lol

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NY29T View Post
    Great fish but a few angles of different pics would help!
    I have a few others I'm slowly rolling out :)

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m.t.hands View Post
    wow, fish of a lifetime
    Beat my PB by 2lbs 7ounce smh lol

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UWBASS View Post
    Same guy who borrowed his buddy’s boat for an Open and proceeded to sink it the first day.

https://m.bassmaster.com/blogs/bass-...chramm-swamped
    I'm sorry I didn't catch where I sank it??

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast