2017 Mercury 150 4 stroke

ser#2B452232
    2017 Mercury 150L 4stroke

Has anyone else had a powerhead go out? It has 19 hours on on it. Was going up lake turning around 5400 - 5500 rpms and it lost a little power and started knocking and skipping no alarms and no codes on vesselview. Been at dealer for 3 weeks they seem to think rod or crank bearing is seizing . Said last Thursday they were waiting on a response from Mercury . How long does it usually take Mercury warranty? Frustrated!! Bought all new boat,motor and trailer last September hoping not to have to worry!!!

Dang that sucks , I know when I bought my first boat it had a Mercury 2-stroke had issues it was about a month turn around before I even got my boat back but it also happend at peak season which is right now.

Very rare occurrence in the 6 years this engine has been out. Yours is the first I have heard or read about. A few of the later models had some trim pump issues. I know it must be frustrating but still assembled by people and parts are mostly sent to them by outside suppliers so hope they have good QC . Could happen to any of us at any time Merc should take care of this although 3 weeks seems a little long maybe call Merc and get the cell # of the rep in your area and see if he can give you any info. good luck

4. Member
    I seen a post on here where one threw a rod. Other than that I have not heard of any catastrophic failures.

5. Member
    Good awesome news yesterday. New powerhead is ordered and should be in Tuesday. May be on the water next weekend breaking it in.

Quote Originally Posted by horsemule View Post
    Good awesome news yesterday. New powerhead is ordered and should be in Tuesday. May be on the water next weekend breaking it in.
    That's good would be answering to know to what made it fail though.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Jimmy- glad to hear they are getting you taken care of.

If you need assistance in the future... we're just down the road from you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor