94 Procraft V200C w/200 Mariner EFI

Been a while since I've been on here since my 83 Ebbtide got parked for a while. Well I have recently traded it for a 4wheeler and am now the proud owner of the 94 20' Procraft F/S. So far love the boat and I have added a three bank Minnkota onboard charger and upgraded to a Kennwood stereo and am waiting on the new Humminbird to arrive. The boat looks as close to showroom new as I've seen on this old of a boat in some time. I've always been an Evinrude/Johnson guy but not really scared of the Mercury/Mariner brand. What should I know about this style of boat and more importantly the Mariner. All indications are it's a good motor but again it's a new to me as is the EFI but if there's anything I need to be aware of let me know.

2. Member
    I have the 96 astro fish/ski. I live in a humid climate during summer. Rip all carpet out of ski locker and rear storage. It would never dry. Open ski locker before putting cover on.

Good lead acid battery. Not sure if you have original oil system, after market or pre-mix. Lots of debate on that. I go premix now and wouldn’t change it.

Only issues ive had was regulator, stator and switches. I did them one at a time. Thought I blew up my motor when switches popped. I believe it says on here if you have issue with stator to replace regulators and switches all at once. I should have listened.

Best advice on Motor enjoy it it was/is a good one. Don’t get fooled by faulty kill switch.

I ran 91 no ethanol now I’ve switched to 87 10% seems to run much better.

Best winterization / storage I’ve found.

last tank of season run non oxy no ethanol with stabilizer. Run it down. I start it on muffs. I dump a bit of oil in gas tank till it smokes nicely. I kill it remove plugs spray some fogging oil in cylinders cycle a couple times. Grease it and change lower unit oil. Spring I drain out a couple gallons, Fill it with fresh mixed 87 start it on muffs let the fog roll out. put new plugs in and run it hard!

I wasted time and money on prop game(had fun). Came with 21 laser 2 tried trophy plus 21 loved it missed the lack of control in reverse. Tried 21 and 23 tempest plus both worked great 21 better skiing and loaded boat. Didn’t like prop chatter at idle.

I cant remember numbers exactly. 21 laser about 52 at 6000 rpms. Trophy 57 at 5800. 23 light I touched 60.

Laser 2 best handling quiet and hole shot. Maybe second trophy plus was good as well with a little more speed.

Im no expert and have made plenty of mistakes including leaving the plug out. I’d ask previous owner how he maintained Motor. Motors seem to like consistency and it’s worked this long I wouldn’t change the process. More then likely previous owner cares about it and would be happy to go over the procedures used.

Enjoy it great boat.