Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Asian Carp Anyone

[IMG][/IMG]I have a friend who got a few of these Asian Carp, cleans them and fried them. He said some of the best fish he ever had,,,,,,,RT

2. Banned
    Looks good. I’d love to try some

3. Member
    I know there are a few restaurants in the Louisville area serving it but are there any places to buy it fresh ?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I know there are a few restaurants in the Louisville area serving it but are there any places to buy it fresh ?
    There's one I know of for sure in Paducah. They have a great system set up for shipping it out too. Great selection of a wide variety of prepared options of Asian Carp.

http://fingourmetfoods.com/

Check out their Facebook page, many of the pictures they have posted will make you incredibly hungry.
    https://www.facebook.com/fingourmetfoods/

5. Member
    The Freight House in Paducah has them on their menu year round. They call it Kentucky Blue Snapper. It’s a professional chef preparing it, so it’s pretty darn good.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkAF View Post
    The Freight House in Paducah has them on their menu year round. They call it Kentucky Blue Snapper. It’s a professional chef preparing it, so it’s pretty darn good.
    If you look on this page, you'll see where Fin Gourmet Foods is sending their Asian carp (one of which being the Freight House), even has a few grocery stores on the list:

http://fingourmetfoods.com/partners/

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    There's one I know of for sure in Paducah. They have a great system set up for shipping it out too. Great selection of a wide variety of prepared options of Asian Carp.

Check out their Facebook page, many of the pictures they have posted will make you incredibly hungry.
    Thanks for that.... I am going to place an order.

Could not find any restaurants in Louisville that had it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkAF View Post
    I have eaten it at the Freighthouse. It was good, but pretty expensive for a piece of carp.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Food truck at Gravely brewing has fish tacos with Asian carp. I have cleaned and fried some, they are good but bones are a PITA
    2008 Z520 250 proxs 1B547930

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Try that link above, says there are 4 places in Louisville

12. Member
    I eat the common carp out of the clean lakes up here. I put them in the smoker and they are wonderful. The key to getting rid of the bones is to pickle and let them sit for a couple months or pressure cook them for 45 minutes. Here is how I smoke them. Not a joke, by the way...
    Soak/brine the clean skinless filets for 8-24 hours in a basic salt/sugar mix or whatever you like for smoked fish. Layer them skin to skin in a pressure cooker above the water with just enough water in the bottom for about 45 min cooking time. I use about 1” and have the fish on an elevated tray. Pressure cook for 45-1 hour. I bring my smoker trays in and using a spatula to move the filets so they don’t crumble and arrange them on the trays. Smoke how you normally do for fish. I let them dry up just a tad so they don’t crumble into little pieces.
    When I make these they are eaten very quickly.

13. Member
    i want to try them. have several friends who think I am nuts.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana01 View Post
    i want to try them. have several friends who think I am nuts.
    They are very, very good..........Hard as HELL to clean, but a pretty good food source.

I'm going to harvest a couple again next time I'm down there.

The hardest part is the time to process them.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I know that skin is mighty tough. Used one for cut bait on a trotline, had a heck of a time getting the chunks off the hooks when done.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    They are very, very good..........Hard as HELL to clean, but a pretty good food source.

I'm going to harvest a couple again next time I'm down there.

From watching a few videos what appears the easiest way to clean is to fillet and cut them into what they call carp wings. Basically you cut into strips between the bones and after cooked just pull them out. KY Afield has several really good videos on youtube about the carp

17. Member

Well crap just tried to place an order using their website but either its busted or they don't ship. Added several items to my basket and tried to checkout but it keeps telling me no shipping method has been selected. Well issue is it doesn't even give me a shipping option.

Tried to call but it goes straight to a generic VM. Maybe ill get a response via email.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Well crap just tried to place an order using their website but either its busted or they don't ship. Added several items to my basket and tried to checkout but it keeps telling me no shipping method has been selected. Well issue is it doesn't even give me a shipping option.

Tried to call but it goes straight to a generic VM. Maybe ill get a response via email.
    I know they get slammed in the morning, might have to try calling later this afternoon.

19. Member
    I know that skin is mighty tough. Used one for cut bait on a trotline, had a heck of a time getting the chunks off the hooks when done.
    sounds like uncle josh should be making carp frogs instead of pork frogs.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

20. Member
    I know they get slammed in the morning, might have to try calling later this afternoon.
    They did email back almost instantly and said they are working to resolve the issue. So ill give it a go later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast