Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    ill take your word for it that they are good

2. Member
    Missouri MDC has actually be promoting eating them. Go to this link and watch the video at the bottom. They show how to clean them and talk about a taste test they did. https://huntfish.mdc.mo.gov/fishing/...g/cooking-fish

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Could not find any restaurants in Louisville that had it.
    Its because it is over 10 dollars per pound, wholesale. I can buy a lot of really good fish, Salmon and grouper for example, that is an easier to sell for that kind of money. Its funny how the guys out there catching them are only getting 10 cents per pound from the processors.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdave View Post
    Its because it is over 10 dollars per pound, wholesale. I can buy a lot of really good fish, Salmon and grouper for example, that is an easier to sell for that kind of money. Its funny how the guys out there catching them are only getting 10 cents per pound from the processors.
    If the processors waited around for people to buy it at $8 to $12 per pound, they wouldn't be in business too long. That's why most of it is being ground up for use in sirimi.

I'm telling you, those processors aren't all that lucrative.

Here's the one in downtown Paducah:

32215461_10155734234958710_7982984584121810944_n.jpg

32243744_10155734236788710_999366180277846016_n.jpg

5. Member
    God I bet that plant smells god awful. I had to work inside Bluefin seafood years ago and almost couldn't hold it down the fish smell was so strong. I told the company I worked for never again.

6. Member
    What is worse is the fish chopper pumps on the commercial boats. I worked at a motor and pump shop rebuilding them. NOTHING smells worse than a pump full of chopped up fish that has been strapped to a deck for months because it quit working. NOTHING. We did sewer pumps too and I would rather rebuild one of those than a fish pump...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPro16 View Post
    What is worse is the fish chopper pumps on the commercial boats. I worked at a motor and pump shop rebuilding them. NOTHING smells worse than a pump full of chopped up fish that has been strapped to a deck for months because it quit working. NOTHING. We did sewer pumps too and I would rather rebuild one of those than a fish pump...
    I could easily see that. I would have rather been subjected to the fumes from a sewer than ever walk into Bluefin again.

8. Member
    That's great that the Carp taste yummy. Maybe they can open up a bunch of restaurants around Ky. lake and everyone can gather and talk about the good old days when
    bass and crappie fishing was outstanding on the twin lakes.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    God I bet that plant smells god awful. I had to work inside Bluefin seafood years ago and almost couldn't hold it down the fish smell was so strong. I told the company I worked for never again.
    Apparently it's like a refrigerator in there. Any worker you happen to see outside is bundled up like it's winter.

10. Member
    No thanks I don’t like Chinese food. Acutually I don’t like Chinese anything.

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    If the processors waited around for people to buy it at $8 to $12 per pound, they wouldn't be in business too long. That's why most of it is being ground up for use in sirimi.

I'm telling you, those processors aren't all that lucrative.

Here's the one in downtown Paducah:

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    There's one I know of for sure in Paducah. They have a great system set up for shipping it out too. Great selection of a wide variety of prepared options of Asian Carp.

http://fingourmetfoods.com/

Check out their Facebook page, many of the pictures they have posted will make you incredibly hungry.
    https://www.facebook.com/fingourmetfoods/
    It's $8 / pound for fillets on the website. Who is making the money?

I will add I ate one that jumped in my boat and it was not bad. As others have stated, the bones are the problem
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    It's $8 / pound for fillets on the website. Who is making the money?

I will add I ate one that jumped in my boat and it was not bad. As others have stated, the bones are the problem
    How did you prepare it? Reason I ask is I believe there is a way to cut it in sections they call carp wings.. You keep the bones in but they easily are pulled out.

Supposed to have a better yield than boneless filets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12