Question Yamaha 250 HPDI (2004) - Ranger 521VX - Prop Advice

What's the best prop for the above setup? I have a 25 pitch T1 - Balanced and Blueprinted by Mark. Was thinking about getting a spare (since mine is on it's way to Mark now for a minor repair) and was thinking about a 4 blade to help w/ hole shot - especially in the summer months. What impact would this have on bow lift and should I change pitch w/ the 4 blade. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Just FYI - I also have a Chris Bailey foil which is one of the best things I have ever added to my boat.

Thanks for any help and suggestions that you can offer.
    Justin B.

2. Member
    I just ordered a CB foil , for my 2008 521 vx with a yamaha 250 hpdi , i put a pair of 10' blades on the back , i just want to get up quicker with the added weight , gonna try the CB foil first but would like some infomation on a 4 blade prop also , what are you guys running for a 4 blade prop , thanks

3. Member
    The foil helped hole shot for me very little, though my 16 V20 with SHO comes out of the hole great with 24 Fury 3 blade (2-4 seconds max). The biggest factor in the CB foil for me is the low speed planing ability, and complete elimination of porpoising.

4. Member
    On my 2003 521VX when I had a 250 HPDI on it I ran a 25 Trophy propeller as my backup. I had it worked by Croxton. About one mph slower, but better holeshot and great grip in corners and rough water. Also planed at a little slower speed.