Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talon Aftermarket Anchor Light

Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the aftermarket light Ott Defoe & Matt Herren are running on their Talons. It is not the RMP light. Thanks.

2. Member
    Got a pic? Could be the Tzer lights https://t-zerproducts.com/

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

3. Member
    I'd like to see a pic also. Especially if it's for the new Bluetooth models.
    Last edited by Bahala; 05-04-2018 at 08:39 AM.

4. Member
    I'm waiting for RMP to produce the new navigation light for the BT models. But unfortunately we have to wait while they tool up in china

5. Member
    Bass pro has a led light that works good with a little modification and some good adhesive or sealer to hold the light on. If I remember I will post a pic when I get home sunday

6. Member
    I have a T-Zer. It's pretty awesome.

7. Banned
    Drill a hole and mount one on top, run two wires up the side of the talon and your done easy peasy.

8. Member
    Yeah seems like a genius thing to do on a $2,000 Talon and void your warranty..... Um nope.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    Yeah seems like a genius thing to do on a $2,000 Talon and void your warranty..... Um nope.
    void your warranty by drilling a hole in the plastic top? ! wow you better not go outside its a dangerous place.

Next thing youll say is warraty is void by removing the talon stickers, chrome piece on the top that always shines in your eyes and the chrome on the side of the units.

10. Member
    Why don't you send me your brand new talon, I'll drill a hole in it and see how it works for me with water intrusion and electrical connections....... You clearly either don't have new Talons, or you happen to have screw you kind of money, or you're just another guy on the internet with an opinion to tell people what to do with their stuff. A better idea is to show somebody what you did and share your findings rather than tell people what to do with their stuff. Either way, go ahead and drill a hole in yours. I will pass on your suggestion.

11. Banned
    Why don't you send me your brand new talon, I'll drill a hole in it and see how it works for me with water intrusion and electrical connections....... You clearly either don't have new Talons, or you happen to have screw you kind of money, or you're just another guy on the internet with an opinion to tell people what to do with their stuff. A better idea is to show somebody what you did and share your findings rather than tell people what to do with their stuff. Either way, go ahead and drill a hole in yours. I will pass on your suggestion.

Here ya go..

Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Do you really think they built a talon that can't get wet? Plus if you put some silicone around the bottom, which will hold it on, it will still be plenty waterproof. Also, if you open the top and look down in there you will see daylight all the way thru, which means any water will drain right out. One other point, a warranty will say that installing aftermarket parts will void warranty also. Might just want to stick with your boat light

13. Member
    PM sent

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Do you really think they built a talon that can't get wet? Plus if you put some silicone around the bottom, which will hold it on, it will still be plenty waterproof. Also, if you open the top and look down in there you will see daylight all the way thru, which means any water will drain right out. One other point, a warranty will say that installing aftermarket parts will void warranty also. Might just want to stick with your boat light
    Well if he actually looked at the front of the new 2018 talons there is space between the led light and the body and there is no sealer anyplace on the top cap, there is absolutely always going to be water going inside of them while boating in the rain or even fog..

Maybe this is a case of HE doesnt actually have any haha... you know like he accused me of before I posted the light I was saying anyone can install in 5 minutes for $20 or less....

15. Member
    I have the exact same light by the way

16. Member
    I never once said a talon couldn't get wet. I didn't want to drill holes in my brand new talons (not yours by the way) and use a crappy looking sealant. Next time somebody doesn't like your idea, why don't you go cry about it on the internet some more. I could care less if you think I have talons or not. Get a grip wow

17. Member
    I believe your the one with your panties in a wad dude. The guy gave an answer to the op and you came with some crazy spill all bent out of shape. People customize everything on boats every day, if you don't want to that's cool but don't tell people their basically stupid for it.

18. Banned
    I never once said a talon couldn't get wet. I didn't want to drill holes in my brand new talons (not yours by the way) and use a crappy looking sealant. Next time somebody doesn't like your idea, why don't you go cry about it on the internet some more. I could care less if you think I have talons or not. Get a grip wow
    Wow, you ever scroll up and read your own posts? haha

19. Member
    0_20180518_161636.jpg
    I finally remembered to take a pic

20. Member
    kry29: That light looks sweet. Make and model?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast