Anyone still running a Yamaha OX66 model

I need a simple test done please. If you have an DX, SX or VX Yamaha model let me know please.

Test involves simply disconnecting one wire from another wire and turning the key to the ON position.

Needing to see what the fuel pump does.

Thanks

2. Banned
    What you testing J? I hope someone voulanteers as this could be very beneficial.

3. Member
    On another site a guy posted a problem about his fuel pump running continuously. Even when the motor was not running. My initial thought was that the ground wire to the pump was chafed to ground some where. Someone posted that it was a result of the two ignition bypass wires not being connected. I have never heard of that and cannot find any reference to it in any Yamaha data. Just wanting someone to try it on their motor and see if the pump runs all of the time or not with the key on and the motor not running.

Here is what the owner's manual has to say

4. Banned
    Idk, the ground side of the pump is controlled by the cdi. The hot side is controlled by the relay. If the cdi does not see rotation of the motor the pump suppose to stop runing after few seconds. I think the cdi gets its signal from crank position sensor or ignition. Perhaps its the same circuit as on your illustration.

5. Member
    Well, it is never to late to learn something new. Here is what an OX66 owner has to say.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...l#post11390921

6. Member
    did you get it sorted out?

7. Member
    Still hoping that an OX66 owner here would do the test. I am a sceptic by nature. If I can get one more person to confirm that the fuel pump runs continuously with the bypass wires disconnected then I will be a true believer. Key on, motor not running.

8. Member
    @yam911 you still looking for someone to try this?

9. Member
    Just to let you guys know, I did this today and it does in fact continue to run when the wires are disconnected and key is on. 9/8/18