Thread: 2008 bassport

2008 bassport

i have a popping noise on the front deck when you step on the right side of the foot control well , boat is always garaged dont fish in the rain so i no its not rotted wood it is all composite materials anyway, any ideas, called the plant they said they would get back to me have heard nothing, im impatient dont like problems with my baby.

2. Member
    Does it make a popping sound like it is flexing or more of a cracking sound like a seam or crack from separation. Being composite there could be some delaminating in that area. Should not be though.

I will give you something to check. I had the same issue. It will take two people to check. Under the deck, there are panels on each side that are vertical and create "walls" if you will that act to close off the rod lockers. If you look in the middle compartment up front, you will see what I am talking about.

Mine is 2014, and had the same noise since the day I got it. I just took the panels out rather than try and craft a repair.

Get in the middle box and have someone walk n the spot and I bet you will tell exactly where it is coming from.

Hope that helps- good luck,
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

4. Member
    alright thanks todd called today he thinks it is the panels just like you said i will check and get back to yall

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Sounds like the panels as well. Mine squeaks some on the left side behind the troller.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    How big a boy are you anyway? LOL. Just kidding. Had to think of old Mercer on that one.

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    mine does it too at certain locations up front. Didn't think of those panels actually. I guess I got used to it and don't recall now whether or not it still creaks. Hmmm...gotta listen for it next time out.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

8. Moderator
    It is the panel's causing the noise.
    You can take them out and shave a little off of the top to keep them from rubbing on the bottom of the deck.