Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CSF View Post
    Shallow water , 2d is only for depth, si is a better tool for water less than 10'.
    or 360. you simply get no bottom coverage in shallow water, even with 83khz. I do run 83/200 on the console unit for scanning and have never seen a depth issue

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    or 360. you simply get no bottom coverage in shallow water, even with 83khz. I do run 83/200 on the console unit for scanning and have never seen a depth issue
    Troy ... you are starting to sound like Doug.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    Troy ... you are starting to sound like Doug.
    mini me doug. ..bob,did you watch that vido he posted,in reply of my post
    .it's got nothing to do with what I was referring to..

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    The above only seems to apply to DI units. If not I can't find this on my SI unit
    On Helix: Select Advanced User Mode> Sonar Tab, and scroll way down...it's there.

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    All these suggestions to run 200 Khz only sounds WAY too familiar. Why have dual beam sonar at all if you can't run it without causing problems. Sorry, but i just don't buy that it should be necessary to dumb down the unit to get it to work properly.
    It's all about the pulse length & frequency.

I had a Lowrance dual beam machine and you should have tried to run 50 kHz in water UNDER 60' it wasn't pretty.

Even the Sitex paper recorders I used to sell running 107 kHz could be messy in shallow - and that's not a digital readout in use...

Wayne likes his dual beam, I also almost NEVER run 83kHz either. (You worried yet Troy? )

Haven't made up my mind yet if another MSI unit is coming online or if it's going to be another MDI unit with a low Q wide band Chirp XDCR.

Thanks for sharing Chris!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

6. Banned

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haybo View Post
    On Helix: Select Advanced User Mode> Sonar Tab, and scroll way down...it's there.

I tried looking at my bow unit and I just can’t find it. Only can find it at my console units. Ones a mega si and the other is just a chirp gps. The bow is a g2n chirp di. Tried through network switching transducers but still nothing. The bow unit for the time has just the us2 attached as I wait for my 360. I never did the transducer swap with humminbird yet for a bow ducer
    Last edited by jasonG; 05-05-2018 at 08:12 AM.
    Nitro z21

8. Bob G's pool boy
    You need to drop another grand to be able to tell how deep the water is. On a sonar unit. The fact that some of you can actually defend this is hilarious. There is a guy on another board here that sells a replacement bow roller kit to replace the one that comes on a brand new $80,000 boat. Maybe he will sell you a string with a rock tied to one end. The deluxe model has knots tied every foot. The Humminbird model has two knots every foot.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

9. Banned
    I asssume you are talking about the roller on the Phoenix trailers. He still sells them but Phoenix has switched to the same roller on all new trailers. You simply need to learn how to use your unit you can’t expect it to read a proper depth in 1 foot of water with max mode and sensitivity all the way up. Our shallow water fishing is done for the year. I’ll be back out with the boat in 30+ foot tomorrow throwing to shallow reef markers. I did the test videos for these guys just to show a solix with a proper depth reading. As soon as I recorded that video I disabled sonar and continued fishing. I turn off the pinging in shallow water to not spook the fish but I can see the bottom in 10 foot so what do I know.

I adjusted the surface clutter today and it seemed to work as far as the digital depth goes. But then when I got to 8 or above I started getting the fish symbols at 3-4'. A row of them one right after another and one at the far right side that never went away. If I dropped the SC to below 7 the fish went away but the digital depth went TU again.

I need to update my units tonight and I'll give it a whirl again next weekend. First weekend out without having to dress like an Eskimo. The wife was happy she didn't need to wear 5 layers of clothes.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

11. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I asssume you are talking about the roller on the Phoenix trailers. He still sells them but Phoenix has switched to the same roller on all new trailers. You simply need to learn how to use your unit you can’t expect it to read a proper depth in 1 foot of water with max mode and sensitivity all the way up. Our shallow water fishing is done for the year. I’ll be back out with the boat in 30+ foot tomorrow throwing to shallow reef markers. I did the test videos for these guys just to show a solix with a proper depth reading. As soon as I recorded that video I disabled sonar and continued fishing. I turn off the pinging in shallow water to not spook the fish but I can see the bottom in 10 foot so what do I know.
    yep, my new Phoenix came with the newer bow roller.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    yep, my new Phoenix came with the newer bow roller.

they stepped up quickly which is good to see. even with all the testing that goes into products these days we consumers always seem to expose something that wasn't found. they need more real fisherman field testing products IMO

13. Member
    Suscribed
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

FB_IMG_1525774253868.jpgHelix digital depth set to auto running sonar in auto, 200khz no false depth, 83khz would sometimes effect the depth readings, both with 2d chirp off.
    Triton 20X,2022 225 pro xs four stroke,
    Mega 360-helix G4N Di-helix 10,helix 10 G2N SI, Solix 10 G3N, mega live

Quote Originally Posted by CSF View Post
    FB_IMG_1525774253868.jpgHelix digital depth set to auto running sonar in auto, 200khz no false depth, 83khz would sometimes effect the depth readings, both with 2d chirp off.
    Can someone please tell me were the setting is for this on a Solix

You will need to go and change the Digital Depth Source from 2D Element (which is default) to Auto
    "The handicapped angler"

Anyone?
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Anyone?
    I don't use Auto, I use the Selected source which is the transducer connected to the display (this unit).

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thank You Wayne!

This is the same setting I have now and thought I needed to find some hidden setting

I’ve gotten one unit to stop showing a double depth completely and the other only does it in less than 5 foot (on occasion)

Thank you all for the help!
    "The handicapped angler"

Setting the Sensitivity Offset to 7 has my Helix 10 MEGA displaying correct depth in skinny water.

20. Member
    I got a chance over the weekend to go out and this has taken care of it completely for me.
    The only thing I’m unclear on is surface clutter ,is 1-10 scale . Is it 1is least amount of filtering to 10 the most?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast