AVX189 Walk thru

Last week, we shared a few pics of the AVX189 on the water and thought we’d follow up in this post with a more detailed walk-through of the boat and its features.
    The 189 is rated for 115hp and measures 18’7” with a 94” beam. With prices starting at $25,795, this rig sits on a high-performance pad hull and is factory-equipped with a host of best-in-class features. Check out the video in today’s post for an even closer look…

https://www.facebook.com/vexusboats/...2792000386497/

or

Last edited by sclark; 05-02-2018 at 03:42 PM.

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

2. Member
    Is a 17 in the works? I dont really need a boat larger than 17 1/2 or with anything over a 60-70 hp

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    We have a future plans for a lot different models. i am sure there will be something to fit your needs

Please make sure the package width is 90" or under for those of us with skinny garage doors

Mr. Clark,
    Congratulations on the fit, finish and design expertise revealed in your Aluminum Boat series. As a 5 year RT188 owner, I recognize and appreciate the design features you show in the video. In short, you knocked it out of the Park!! Makes me wish I could justify a new boat.
    One thing that continues to frustrate me about aluminum storage compartment lids is the tendency to condense moisture in humid climates. I fought this for quite a while and finally insulated the underside of all the lids. This helped a lot but is not a complete cure.
    I noticed that you painted the underside of the lids and was wondering if this is to reduce the condensation of moisture?

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    I believe the primary reason was for aesthetics, but it that may be one of the side benefits

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    I believe the primary reason was for aesthetics, but it that may be one of the side benefits
    I hope it does help with the condensation. It would be worth considering this issue. People who have owned tin boats know it's a big problem and new buyers are disappointed when they discover it.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

I was also wondering why there was no water barrier type lip on the rear battery compartment?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I was also wondering why there was no water barrier type lip on the rear battery compartment?
    Your worried about getting water in the bilge ?

That's what I figured before I asked the question. But, then I realized that many glass boats do have a water barrier type lip on the battery compartment. Maybe it's not necessary...but was wondering.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Banned
    Personally, I prefer water in the bilge to come from the drainage system in the boat not through the top of the compartment lid.

A 17 Vexus would be a present for myself as I'm retiring between now and November this year.

sclark why don't they put a lip at the bilge so water doesn't get in the there. My Ranger vs175 is bone dry even during a hard rain, my fishing partners vs170 is bone dry too. So Vexus storage compartments are dry except the bilge area?

I wouldn't say "worried" but given many electronic items are mounted in the upper bilge area on the bulkheads, I would say it would be better to have a seal then not. It surely cannot add much to the cost.

15. Member
    Anyone know what top speed we can expect in this boat with the 115 pro xs?