Gray

Trolling Motor Service-Jax

I had a problem with my Minn Kota Fortrex 80 and thought I would have to travel to Green Cove or Gainesville to have it repaired. I had used Charlie at Trolling Motor Service in Jax but I thought Charlie closed it down due to his health issues. I decided to call and it is open under new management in same location. The new owner's name is Matt and young guy who seems very knowledgeable. He fixed the issue on the spot which was impressive. He added Plus to end of the Trolling Motor Service name because he's doing electronics installations also. He's authorized rep for Minn Kota and Motor Guide. He's looking for a new location so he can keep boats overnight if needed and something with a roof. If you don't want to travel give him a call 904-573-0480.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

2. Member
    Who in Green Cove works on trolling motors? Has to be either Mike at Governor's Creek Marine or Jeff at Isle of Palms, unless there is someone that I don't know about in GCS.

3. Gray
    I've never used anyone in GCS but think it is IOP. Not sure if certified or not.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

Older thread, but just wanted to bump it up to say I got some great service from Matt and Terry at Trolling Motor Service of Jax... The Eliminator Nut on my TM was damn near impossible to remove, I fussed with that thing for half an hour. Finally said the hell with it, I'll let the pro's do it and if they have to cut if off so be it. So I took it by today, they tried unscrewing it with various methods but with bigger tools and more people but it still would not budge. In the end, an air hammer with chisel bit got that sucker turning lol.

Anyway, for all that work they charged me... nothing! I was shocked. Even though it was only about a half hour's work most shop would still tag you for an hour. These guys are a class act and I plan to do more business with them whenever I can. They had a lot of saltwater boats in their que, but they also do full service on bass boats as well including poles/talons/raptors, electronics, wiring, motors, etc.

5. Member
    Good to know and thanks for posting.

Trolling motor service plus. 904-573-0480. Did recall work on my Motor Guide very nice. I think they work on all brands. They are off Greenland rd.