Dual panoptix issues

Installed a 3rd display and networked it in with everything. Updated software on everything only real change was my ps30 updated from 6.1 to 6.20. CAN NOT get my system to work correctly with both the ps21 and ps30 plugged in at the same time. It will work with one or the other but not both. I tried wiring this thing 10 different ways and the only thing that works is unplugging one transducer. It’s like it’s not sure which one to connect to. Sometime it shows the ps30 then if I back out and go in again it shows the ps21 but never both options. I even hooked them both directly into the back of my 741xs and same issue.

Any ideas?

2. Member
    What MFD's in your system ? What device are you using for network ? Just a suggestion in my signature ( and many others ) my system is listed, Makes it handy when asking for help with a problem.

One good thing is both your Panoptix transducers are good. Smart move to isolate 741 xs with both Panoptix from network.From info submitted it sounds like Garmin is going to have to help solve this one.

One thing you might try is to set up custom combo view on one of your MFD's. Pick on Forward Vu live for one panel and Down Vu live for the second one.
    Just in case you haven't tried this already.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

As hays47 indicated, please provide details of your entire Garmin system - MFDs, what is connected ethernet, NMEA2000, etc.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    What MFD's in your system ? What device are you using for network ? Just a suggestion in my signature ( and many others ) my system is listed, Makes it handy when asking for help with a problem.

One good thing is both your Panoptix transducers are good. Smart move to isolate 741 xs with both Panoptix from network.From info submitted it sounds like Garmin is going to have to help solve this one.

One thing you might try is to set up custom combo view on one of your MFD's. Pick on Forward Vu live for one panel and Down Vu live for the second one.
    Just in case you haven't tried this already.
    I havent tried a custom panel but I will

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    As hays47 indicated, please provide details of your entire Garmin system - MFDs, what is connected ethernet, NMEA2000, etc.
    I have two 1040xs's and a 741xs, PS21 and PS30, NEMA 2000 to one of the 1040s and the 741. They are run through a GCV10 and an additional network hub expander. Everything is networked back to either the hub or GCV 10.

I thought it was something with the hub or connections, but the fact that it does the same thing directly to my 741xs tells me its a software issue. One or the other always works but as soon as you hook up both it gets real quirky.

Short term I am going to take one of my 1040s off the network and run the PS21 directly to that.

6. Member
    At one time I had system very similar to yours. That one ran excellent 721 XS loved the two ethernet connections. Networked thru GCV10. With 1040. Big difference in my set up was no NEMA. Kinda sorry I sold that little 721.

I would try disconnecting NEMA and see what happens.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

7. Member
    I tried disconnecting the nmea connection as that was a new variable. That didn’t work either.

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    I tried disconnecting the nmea connection as that was a new variable. That didn’t work either.
    Engineers were able to replicate your dual Panoptix issue and are now working on a software fix.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Great. Thanks Todd!!

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Engineers were able to replicate your dual Panoptix issue and are now working on a software fix.
    Now that's service!!
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Not sure if this is related to the last ps30 update but can’t get autorange or autogain to work on the 3D historical mode now?? Other sonar shows all sorts of fish but this won’t unless I manually turn up the gain. Also has trouble finding the bottom on auto, but works fine if you manually set the range.

12. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    My other sonar all marks fish on auto gain????

Wow!! That is awesome!! Garmin service is fantastic!!