Revolution 4 vs High 5

Any estimates on the speed and RPM difference I would get changing from a 23p Rev4 to a 23p High 5? I can get 6100 RPM and 68 MPH with the Rev4.

I couldn't give you exact speeds or RPMs, but the High 5 will be slower at WOT, and will rev higher.

Can I ask why you'd want to go to the High 5? It's quite a while ago now, and I didn't keep it on for long, but of all the props I've ever tested, the High 5 was by far my least favourite. It does have good holeshot, but cruising speeds and top speeds were poor, and I didn't like the overall "feel" of it. It's also absolutely HORRIBLE in reverse.

Waxy

3. Member
    rev4 rums stiff high 5 does not.. id gues 4-500 rpm differnece.

23 tempest to 23 high 5 i lose 4 mph loaded but am on buzzer a lot. so 2-300 rpm more. i do know rev 4 runs 2-300 rpm less than a tempest

high 5 doesn't lift bow..it lifts stern.. great in rough water. i can point bow down to keep boat in the water. decent cruise just thirsty at higherp speeds
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

4. Member
    I ran a rev-4 23p against Bravo 1 - 24p .They run the same speed , but the rev-4 had more bow lift @ 5800-6000 rpm

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I came across a good deal on the high 5 so thought it may be worth trying. Honestly 68 mph is faster then I want to go, so I was thinking if the High 5 would handle better and slow me down some it may be worth a try. Also considering dropping down to a 21 Rev 4.