Pickwick and surrounding area

Hey I'm headed down to Alabama for 9 days starting next weekend.
    I have been to Pickwick, wilson, and guntersville. I think this week I want to stay close to the dam between Pickwick and Wilson so I can fish both lakes.
    Where is there good to stay in that area. Last time I was there I stayed at the days inn. But boat parking is pretty crappy. And I prefer to have my boat close to the room.
    Me and two buddies are coming so I would prefer somewhere to stay that sleeps 3 people comfortable. Kitchen is a bonus.
    Is there anything reasonable you would recommend?
    Cody Greenwell
    GPS/SONAR/SIDE IMAGING
    Setup Advice & On-the-Water Training

2. Member
    Lots of options in Florence. Depends on what you want to spend. Comfort Inn and Suites is reasonable and in a safe area for around 85/night for 2 queens. Or you can go high end Residence and get a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen for 150-175. Whatever you can stand.

3. Banned
    The Baymont by Windham is right behind Shoney's Restaurant, 1 block from Cox Creek Blvd. That is 2 miles from Wilson Dam. You can pull your boat 5 ft. from your room door, and run an extension cord into your room. It used to be a Jameson Inn and is a nice property. The price should be far less than other motels/hotels in town--most of which are new, large facilities.

4. Member
    I looked at all three of those on google earth and it doesn't look like they have boat parking.
    Cody Greenwell
    GPS/SONAR/SIDE IMAGING

5. Banned
    All the rest of the hotel properties in the area have inside halls, and most are very new. None have boat parking as you see it.

6. Member
    THe holiday inn has some boat parking with electric. But its not right by the room.
    They want $144/night for 2 beds and a couch. Baymont is $88 for 2 beds + $25 for a cot.

Id rather stay at baymont i just dont want to get screwed on parking and not have anywhere to park the boat.
    Cody Greenwell
    GPS/SONAR/SIDE IMAGING

These hotels around here revolve around the river...they'll have somewhere to park the boat...the Baymont is headquarters for when the BASS Nation comes to town I think....may not be right outside your window or it might be but if not, it'll be close prolly..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    The Comfort Inn has plug ins but you won't be close to your boat. The Muscle Shoals location has a small parking lot but the Florence location has ample parking.

9. Member
    Try looking at Joe Wheeler State Park. They have some cabins on the south side of the river that usually run around 100.00 a night. They are located at wheeler dam.