Accessory switch wiring - 2008 Alpha 199

The A1 switch on the touch pad.
    I need to locate the wire / wires to tap in to.

Has anybody actually done this, meaning, put your hands on it?

I'm told there should be a wire with a blue butt splice dead ended on it.
    I can't find it. yet.

Thanks

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Troy, if it's like the Champ MegaLink system, mine were labeled both under the dash and at the bow. White tape labeled A1 & A2, both are orange and black wires with the labels around both

A1 Should be an orange wire i believe. Should find it under the helm, along the driver rod box and behind the front access panel. Ends should be labeled.

Yep, y'all are both right according to what Pete told me. And orange is the color I believe.
    Reggie don't know about the same color code as the Champ, but similar I suspect.
    Pete, at the factory told me the "brain" for that year model should be labeled "Teleflex" or "Kongsberg".

I've had my hands on all the wire bundles under the console and at the bow, and have yet to find anything labeled A1, A2, or seen any spare wires. Looks like they all head to the "cable tray" under the gunnel.

My next step is to look AGAIN, and will have to give a gentle tug on any orange wire to see if it's dead ended and stuck under the gunnel.

Somebody should have been dusting under that console for the last 10 years.

5. Member
    All the ACC wires are marked 1, 2, 3, 4 with a white tag, under the console and the bow, at least in my boat they are. Use a test light.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

My boat only has A1 & A2.

Last night I did find one black wire marked ACC in the bow, no others marked.
    Found none marked under the console.

When my boat was built I told the guy doing the wiring to run me an extra circuit from the battery area to the console. My boat also has Black light plugs on the inside of the gunnels on the front deck.

continued
    Last edited by Corkpuller; 05-02-2018 at 09:50 AM. Reason: server errors

I found red and black wires coiled up under the console. I "assumed" those were the extra ckt or they went to the black light plugs.

Since I couldn't find the magic orange wire or any tagged wires under the console, I hooked my battery back up and decided to see if the red and black wires were hot. The black/grnd wire went directly to a mounting screw on the brain. The red was tied to a BLUE butt splice.

Sure nuff, pushed A1 switch and we got 12vdc on those wires.....

continued
    Last edited by Corkpuller; 05-02-2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: server errors

Maybe ole Lou, (guy who wired my boat) who knew I was particular about the wiring, decided to just tie to that blue butt splice and add me a hand coil of extra wire. Don't know.

But, I do know where I'm gonna power my Humminbird Ethernet Switch now.

Also found that the black light plugs are hot whenever the brain is powered. Not a switched circuit. I've never use them.

The End.