Trophy prop mounting problem

Took boat for test run yesterday and had to use the aluminum one that it came with just to get on the water for a shakedown. Bought a trophy plus and flow torq (835271Q2 I believe) for my 2006 Yamaha F115 and when starting to tighten the prop down, it binds or tightens on something and prop, shaft will not spin. Any ideas? Yes, outboard in neutral too

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Sounds like the wrong thrust washer, but that is without seeing the setup.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

I will get pics when I get home and get it laid out side by side

835271Q2 keeps popping up but conflicting with Q09 too. Looking further, seems like 835274Q1 would be best due to shape of thrush washer that’s on there right now (even though that kit says 150-300 4stroke). The lower unit was replaced by P.O. since it was originally a jet outboard but wouldn’t think it would all be different being a 115 is still a 115

Hard to get pics on here since I use my phone. Anyways I was told to use 835271Q09 by one and 835274Q1 or 8M0075402 by another... Forca common engine, you’d think this would be easier... is it safe to assume that many have 75 and 90s on their boat? Should be pretty similar to a 06 F115. What did others use when putting a mercury prop on their Yamaha?

Up to 100HP and over 100HP use different hub kits.

7. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    If it was rated as a 115 jet it might be a 150 prop rated so would use the the larger. (But I'm no expert)
    Gene Wilson

Team PoorMansCustomLures

The trophy has a ventilation/exhaust seal ring on it that matches the diameter of the gearcase if that makes any difference. Never look if that’s what was hitting to cause bind up but wouldn’t think so since that’s it’s job. Was told by another this morning that 835271Q2 is what I need but that’s what I already have...

9. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    What I meant is your 115 with a jet drive is maybe a 150 when it has a prop on it due to the way they rate them but I don't know that for a fact.
    Gene Wilson

Team PoorMansCustomLures

10. Member
    Great prop for a bow heavy boat like ranger. Better props available for lighter boats. What you got?

Quote Originally Posted by wiguyy View Post
    The trophy has a ventilation/exhaust seal ring on it that matches the diameter of the gearcase if that makes any difference. Never look if that’s what was hitting to cause bind up but wouldn’t think so since that’s it’s job. Was told by another this morning that 835271Q2 is what I need but that’s what I already have...
    If you have a small diameter gearcase which you should have on a 115, take the blow out ring off it's meant to be used on the large diameter gearcases.