Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Don't be brown nosing Grumpy for baits!
    i need to get him to pour me some, I finally figured out what the big fish at Amistad want!!

2. Member
    I will pour some if you take me fishing in my old boat.

3. Member
    You got a deal there !!!!

4. Member
    I plan on being there if Jerry still has a room available for Fri and Sat night.

5. Not a member
    I will be there Thursday evening but have to leave Saturday by noon. Looking forward to it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Larry View Post
    We still don't have a good count for May 19th.
    Nope

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Yeah, the thread kinda went off the rails about post #9

As usual. That's what makes The Texas Bass Club the best part of BBC!!!!!!!!!

9. Banned
    WTF where we talking about?

I don't know either! The best I can make out of this is about 10 people have said they are coming.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    WTF where we talking about?
    Duh!!!!!!!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    Duh!!!!!!!
    Think I'll keep the Premier now *******!

I was just thinking of past get-togethers, and wasn't the last one at Ivie that Ron McKnight (Rangerman) came by to visit, right before we lost him? He was a great guy, and a friend to anyone he met.

I remember the first Rally I went to was at Ivie (about this time of year, 2010 maybe?). I was new to the group, my first time on Ivie, and Ron volunteered to show me around the lake one afternoon while I was pre-fishing. Well, we hit a few spots and were having a good ole time, and Ron asked me if I had any Green Pumpkin Flukes. I told him no and that I didn't think I had anything in Green Pumpkin, but I had some Watermelon Red, Blue, Magic, etc! You have to understand that I had just joined BBC and met Ron, and probably had 100 lbs. of soft plastics in the boat at the time, and really didn't see the need for more - Green is Green, right? Ron proceeded to tell me that "If you didn't' have Green Pumpkin in the boat, you don't have SH*T!!" If I remember correctly those were his exact words! I believe he would be proud! I now carry a boat-load of Green Pumpkin baits, all shapes, sizes, flakes, etc., and if you look, I'll have some rigged up before I leave the ramp!

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I believe that was in the spring of 2011 that he came by. He passed Oct 1, later that year. I was driving back to Abilene from being in OKC a few days and had planned on running up to see him the next morning when Linda called. Ron's color for Ivie was Watermelon Red. I had a standing order that if I ran across any watermelon red 9" V&M lizards, to bring back 4-5 packs for him & Linda. Sure miss him! We spent a lot of time on the water together and doing our 12oz curls ...

His handle was "Rangerguy" sorry for the error. The above story was from the 2010 Rally at Ivie, and I'm sure you are correct about the 2011 Rally. Sure doesn't seem like that long ago, though! The older we get the faster the years pass!

16. Banned
    Big Ron was a damn good man.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WB; 05-12-2018 at 04:05 PM.

I think these are from 2011

Is Craig writing the Tournament Rules again this year?

1. Fishing will be allowed only on navigable waters of O.H Ivie Reservoir, accessible by public boat ramp.
    2. Fishing hours are from 6:30AM to 2:30PM, Saturday May 19th, 2018.
    3. All lines must be out ot the water at @ 2:30 Weigh-in will open at 3:00PM and will close at 3:30PM. No late arrivals will be permitted.
    4. Five fish stringer pursuant to the State Regulations for O.H. Reservoir.
    5. All fish must be caught on artificial lures by casting. No trolling or live bait.
    6. All ties will be settled by splitting the prize money for the two or more places tied.
    7. A team can consist of ONE angler; however, no more than TWO anglers per boat. The exception being those parents who will have a young child aboard. The child can be the second angler, provided the other adult on the boat ISN'T fishing.
    8. Entry Fee is $40.00 per team. We will have an $10.00 per person side pot for the Big Bass with 100% pay back in 55%-35% split for 1st and 2nd Big Bass.
    9. Fish must be culled prior to entry into the weigh-in line. No team may enter the weigh-in line with more than five fish. All fish must be brought to the scales in water.
    10. No iced, frozen, or pale gilled fish will be weighed.
    11. All state and local fishing and boating laws must be obeyed. We strongly suggest a USCG approved PFD must be worn when combustion engine is running and boat is on plan.
    12. Winning contestants must be present at time of awards to receive prizes or prior arrangements must be approved by the judges.
    13. The Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone of questionable nature.
    14. Contestants 17 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult or have written parental permission.
    15. Contestants may be on the water, but may not fish before 6:30AM.
    16. The Official Time Clock will be located at Tournament Headquarters.
    17. Professional fishing guides (on O.H. Ivie) and members of their immediate families are not eligible to compete in the tournament.
    18. All decisions made by the tournament directors are final.
    19. At least one team member is required to be a BBC member.
    20. Remember ladies and gentlemen this is a BBC “Good O’l Boy” get together and we are here for fun and fellowship.. If your want put some faces with the people you correspond with on BBC and visit with old friends, make new friends, eat some great food, tell some good stories and just have a dang good time come and enjoy!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast