Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Side imaging left side dark

Noticed this morning my left side and down imaging is really dark right side is normal any ideas?

2. Member
    Is the transducer level left to right? Sounds like boat or ducer is leaning to port.

3. Member
    Ok guys still same problem I have found nothing obvious wrong . Left side image and down image dark right side and sonar looks normal. Any help is appreciated.

4. Member
    Trim out the big motor if your transducer is starboard of the motor. I find that not to be any big deal as SI should not be used faster than 5mph or so. The only alternative is use a "Y" cable and 2 transducers. Bob

5. Member
    I forgot to add that it was working fine and the last couple trips started doing this.

6. Member
    Are you using a y cable?

7. Member
    Shallow side is always lighter than the deep side on SI.

8. Member
    If you have a Solix there is a sensitivity offset to get both sides close to equal brightness. Don't know if Helix has that option. Bob

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djwlbk View Post
    Noticed this morning my left side and down imaging is really dark right side is normal any ideas?
    "And down imaging". Unplug/replug all connections. Look for cut xdcr wires.

10. Member
    Wonder why my mind passed up the down imaging part. If it is a core model or non mega helix that might explain side and down making sense.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 05-20-2018 at 01:35 PM.

11. Member
    I have a Helix 10 Mega Chirp Si and there are time my screen is dark on the right side. The transducer is mounted in the middle next to drain plug with nothing blocking traducer return, not sure why this happens either??

12. Member
    Had the same problem had to replace the transducer.

13. Member
    I'm having the same problem, left side has gone dark. Sometimes doesn't show anything.

14. Member
    I am having this problem with my solix 15. The right side just shows black but it's only on mega both sides work fine on 455 and 800

15. Member
    I had the same issue, new transducer is on the way. Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

16. Member
    Don't know about Humminbird but with a Lowrance you can swap the left/right screen to right/left. If you can and if the blank screen goes to the right side then I' say the transducer maybe bad.

Quote Originally Posted by marlinpruett View Post
    Don't know about Humminbird but with a Lowrance you can swap the left/right screen to right/left. If you can and if the blank screen goes to the right side then I' say the transducer maybe bad.
    Can do that with a SOLIX/ONIX. Setup Menu/Sonar/Sonar Source/Transducer Setting/SI Orientation/Reverse
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    998si and my left looks like crystal gone bad. Will try trimming up motor but any other ideas for on the water testing?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    If you have a Solix there is a sensitivity offset to get both sides close to equal brightness. Don't know if Helix has that option. Bob
    Are you saying you can adjust one side and not the other? How? Do you go to full screen left SI and adjust? Then full right SI and adjust?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwell215 View Post
    Are you saying you can adjust one side and not the other? How? Do you go to full screen left SI and adjust? Then full right SI and adjust?

It is not a separate Sensitivity setting, it's an OFFSET just like the 83 kHz offset for 2D sonar.

Sensitivity adjusts both sides the same amount, using the OFFSET, you choose to add or subtract the amount of Sensitivity for one side so they look balanced.
    You do that on a flat bottom or at least when positioned perpendicular to the shore so the depth is the same on both sides.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast