Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    LAKE MURVAUL
    Last edited by 920screaming250; 05-17-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: misspelled
    TrackerUser

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivers27 View Post
    My buddy that I am going with lives right by Galveston. I think we have decided to commute from his house to Lake Houston and maybe Conroe. Save a trip to one of the big three for a better time of year. Thanks guys.
    Not sure I would waste my time on Lake Houston, they lowered it earlier this year, pissed a lot of people off. Conroe, not even at night.

Go to Fayette County, it is fun fishing!

Yes Murvaul!!!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

3. Member
    If you are near Galveston, AFTER you catch a redfish... consider Fayette County for freshwater.

4. Member
    I live on the gulf coast, so I can drive 2 miles and catch reds. Just wanting to chase some green fish. I will look into Fayette county. Neither of us has been to Houston. I am skeptical after reading everything about but he thinks it will set up like Ross Barnett, which is his home lake. I am looking for alternatives

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivers27 View Post
    I live on the gulf coast, so I can drive 2 miles and catch reds. Just wanting to chase some green fish. I will look into Fayette county. Neither of us has been to Houston. I am skeptical after reading everything about but he thinks it will set up like Ross Barnett, which is his home lake. I am looking for alternatives
    You sir, have the right idea. It is nothing like Ross Barnett. Houston is a complicated muddy lake that results in a few 3#ers if you ever figure it out. Fayette is a great suggestion. Couple hours NE of Houston you are at Sam Rayburn, Nacogdoches, Naconiche, Kurth. All much better fisheries.
    2014 920/SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    You sir, have the right idea. It is nothing like Ross Barnett. Houston is a complicated muddy lake that results in a few 3#ers if you ever figure it out. Fayette is a great suggestion. Couple hours NE of Houston you are at Sam Rayburn, Nacogdoches, Naconiche, Kurth. All much better fisheries.
    Sounds like the Rez except replace the 3's with 5's. I hate the Rez by the way. I have just about talked myself into Rayburn. At least I will burn up fishing how I like.

7. Member
    I don't fish much in the summer in Texas anymore.

But, you can't really go wrong with so many great, well-regarded, lakes within a few hours.

I wouldn't waste any time on Lake Houston....only based on what I've read. Of course, there are bass in there. Probably just not as many as all the other fine choices available to you.

lake o pines
    Blessings
    Gerald

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12