Gator Trax owners if your out there please reply.

I have been interested in Gator Traxfor a long while. Even did an interview with them for a post on a website. It’s probably listed here somewhere. Anyways, the 19 possibly 20 is on my radar as I jump into this whole buying first boat deal. I became interested in Gator Trax because they seem like a tank compared to other aluminum boats. I’m not necessarily opposed to other pad hull aluminum boats as well such as Xpress. I want to know the current or past owners experiences the good and the bad or in between. Likes, dislikes, performance, comparability to glass etc.
    i know I’ll likely not have a chance to test ride a Gator Trax as I’m in the PNW. I still may go glass as well. It’s all up in the air at this point. Any comments appreciated.

2. Member
    Oh and I did get a quote from Gator Trax on the 19 with a 250 Honda! I bet a merc or Yamaha 200 would be way cheaper. I would likely have to drop that to a 200 to get it closer to my price range if I decided to go the Gator Trax route. Quote came in right around 55k without graphs or power poles.

3. Member
    I own two of them. Are you asking about the strike series?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney2100 View Post
    I own two of them. Are you asking about the strike series?
    yeah asking about the strike series. not sure if its the best option for me but i want it to be so i want to know what owners feel about it.

5. Member
    They make a nice boat. You will get to design it they way you want it. I looked at boats for 2 years before I decided to go with the Strike series. I have owned 5 glass bass boats. After having the Gator Trax for a couple of years I would not go back to a glass boat. I have a 2072 with a 225 Pro XS. I designed mine with a stand up center console and large front deck. I fish Lake Fork all of the time and the stumps are hard on a glass boat. Kent at Gator Trax was great to deal with. We designed the boat together from the storage to the cup holders. Everyone likes different things about boats. Buying a boat is a personal decision. One boat is not better than another. It all comes down to what you want. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with. Take care, Rodney

I came out of a 22’ Xpress and bought my Gator Trax. Night and day difference in quality, build, and fit and finish. Performance is about the same. The Gator Trax is built on another level. It’s like comparing a Kia to Mercedes really.If you can get someone that was a past Xpress owner to go with you to look at them and point out all of the issues they had, it will help you a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    I have been interested in Gator Traxfor a long while. Even did an interview with them for a post on a website. It’s probably listed here somewhere. Anyways, the 19 possibly 20 is on my radar as I jump into this whole buying first boat deal. I became interested in Gator Trax because they seem like a tank compared to other aluminum boats. I’m not necessarily opposed to other pad hull aluminum boats as well such as Xpress. I want to know the current or past owners experiences the good and the bad or in between. Likes, dislikes, performance, comparability to glass etc.
    i know I’ll likely not have a chance to test ride a Gator Trax as I’m in the PNW. I still may go glass as well. It’s all up in the air at this point. Any comments appreciated.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    Oh and I did get a quote from Gator Trax on the 19 with a 250 Honda! I bet a merc or Yamaha 200 would be way cheaper. I would likely have to drop that to a 200 to get it closer to my price range if I decided to go the Gator Trax route. Quote came in right around 55k without graphs or power poles.
    19' ft aluminum with a 250. That'd be a fun boat!

8. Member
    There was a guy on here that had a used one for sale. I think it was a 2012 version and the 20ft boat. I think he was asking around 35K.

9. Member
    thanks for the replies.

If you're calling OT...he's gone

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    If you're calling OT...he's gone
    No it wasn't OT. Had to go back and look for it but follow the link below.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....+trax+for+sale
    Last edited by krr6581; 05-02-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

12. Member
    Gator Trax Boats are nice, but there are other boats out there also. id look around to see what fits you best. Sportsman's Fabrication in Morgan City, LA and Prodigy Boats in Jasper,GA are worth a look. Both are also extremely well built an offer to customize your boat as you like.

13. Member
    Does anyone know if they are made out of 5052 or 5086 aluminum, also what is the hull thickness.

14. Member
    I'm on another tin boat forum. The couple of guys on there from the PNW swear by their locally made boats?????

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    I'm on another tin boat forum. The couple of guys on there from the PNW swear by their locally made boats?????
    My tin boat is from the PNW, 19' Pacific, it is a center console with a leaning post wish it had different seating and was more family friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by MacCTD View Post
    My tin boat is from the PNW, 19' Pacific, it is a center console with a leaning post wish it had different seating and was more family friendly.
    You have a pic? Never seen one. Thanks

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

17. Member
    Here is a couple pictures, it is made from 3/16" plate on the sides and 1/4" on the bottom and transom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MacCTD View Post
    Here is a couple pictures, it is made from 3/16" plate on the sides and 1/4" on the bottom and transom.
    thanks, I see what you mean, about more seating. With that transom design. It’s taking away a lot of room. But makes for a great big water rig.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

19. Member
    Most of the boats made in the PNW are meant to fish the ocean or jet sleds for the skinny rivers