Ultrexx ,,,recess in older boats

I am installing mine and know a few guys have raised it up so it would work . I think Allyfishing raised his , but can find the post . Any way , I have been trying to come up with some ideas to raise it and so far I think a piece of plastic like a cutting board for the false floor on top of some of the foam they use in floating docks seems to be my best idea .. Whats everyone thoughts . I know the stuff is strong , we have supported boats with it . Its either that or some angle in the recess , screwed to the sides with the plastic on top.

I am open for suggestions ..

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Need to borrow my sawzall?
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

I have one .. LOL but no ... I don't need it .. I am not planning to cut this boat .. KEY WORD IS PLANNING

4. Member
    I just bugged Bill about this again last week.. but I just put some Azek boards under it for now.. slightly recessed is better than none.. but I may cut my well and have someone fiberglass it.. the taper is the problem.....
    IMG_20180430_50331.jpg
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

5. Member
    I raised mine about a quarter inch with a piece of plasitic and did a lil altering to the foot pedal with a small grinder..so far it works great..

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I can't find that post either. I actually used a thick cutting board from walmart. It is essentially starboard material with a textured surface. I do have a piece of 1/2" thick starboard I was going to use but didn't need it that thick. I just made a false floor basically by raising it up with posts under it and some aluminum angle on the sides to support it. that install was only going to be a temporary solution til I came up with a more permanent install but it's been working so I got lazy and left it as is.

I can't see a retrofit pedal well coming from the factory as it would actually have to be glassed in especially since the eped well is a part of my entire foot well. And I don't have an eped installed wither but the floor is the same.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    Craig’s set up look pretty good to me.

yea I remember seeing his set up that is why I looked for it . So modifying the pedal , only having to raise 1/4 sounds good .. What year is your boat . Mine is a 07 so it may be different .

9. Member
    Mines a 16..the fortrex pedal fit .

10. Member
    Finally fitted mine in the pedal well. Ground off some of the plastic on the foot control at the rear corners. Made two very light grinds in the foot pedal well. Elevated the front of the foot control 2.25' so that the pedal is level when the TM foot is facing forward. Removed the EPed and made mount for the HDS 12 (Removed 9 lbs from the bow area). Let me know if you want me details.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Carte's Custom

Here is the first try.. What yall think ? The starboard or what ever its called has a piece of hard foam under it for support. Once I try it and see how it works I plan to make a little cleaner one , and silicone the edges . Was a pain getting it shaped , but I think it turned out ok ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Please trace patern and mail it to me.

13. Member
    T hat looks awesome... it is just not deep enough. That damn taper...

I would like a traced Template too however! Thx

Dan

that is as deep as I could get it without cutting pedal or boat .. I will just live with this height .. have thought about a bigger pan but can't make myself cut this thing up .

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    that is as deep as I could get it without cutting pedal or boat .. I will just live with this height .. have thought about a bigger pan but can't make myself cut this thing up .
    It's really good. Can we get templates cut? Thx

Dan

shoot me some addresses and I will get a pattern in the ..