Thursday night bass club

Every Thursday night from April to October we have a bass tournament on the Kaskaskia river, we launch out of New Athens marina at 4pm, if you can't make that you can sign up at the bullpen in New Athens . $20 buy in. The classic usually pays out a couple thousand for 1 fish! Any questions ? Just msg me and I'll get back to you asap!
    Last edited by Kingacrash; 04-30-2018 at 10:21 PM.

2. Member
    Does the Kaskaskia really produce some good bass? Esp with all the Asian carp now? Or do you have to run almost all the way up to Carlyle to do any good? We are trying to find some closer places to fish for day trips then running to lake of the ozarks ..

Carp have ruined the kaskaskia. If your from St. Louis I would look for something else especially if your use to fishing a deep clear lake. I have a clubhouse on the river and use to fish tournaments all the time on it. Most of the cuts off the main channel are silted in and difficult or unable to get in.
    Last edited by illinifish; 05-07-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

4. Member
    Yes the kaskaskia river does have bass! There are 5 lbrs caught every year and a 3 isn't anything special. We have had 50 plus pepole down here on a Thursday night so payouts can be good also!! 100% PAYOUT.. yes carp are here as they are in a lot of the waters around. Some of the oxbows are silted in a little bit, that being said all the bass boats make it in with no issues. We would really enjoy seeing some new faces down here, and illinifish come on down and check out our weigh in some time if your in the area. There is a Facebook page Thursday night bass club check it out. See you on Thursday

5. Member
    Ok..not really a river fisherman..what you mean by oxbow's?

6. Member
    The original river was narrow and very curvy before they made a straight channel out of it leaving one end damned up and other end open to the main channel

7. Member
    Screenshot_20180508-201828.jpg

Is there bass on the river? There's plenty of them! Is it tough? Yeah sometimes it is. What lake isn't. Are the oxbow's/cuts silted in? Yeah a little bit. I got a 21ft stratos this year and I go just about anywhere I want.

8. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingacrash View Post
    Yes the kaskaskia river does have bass! There are 5 lbrs caught every year and a 3 isn't anything special. We have had 50 plus pepole down here on a Thursday night so payouts can be good also!! 100% PAYOUT.. yes carp are here as they are in a lot of the waters around. Some of the oxbows are silted in a little bit, that being said all the bass boats make it in with no issues. We would really enjoy seeing some new faces down here, and illinifish come on down and check out our weigh in some time if your in the area. There is a Facebook page Thursday night bass club check it out. See you on Thursday
    I use to be a regular on the Thursday night tournaments. Fished a couple last year. I am very familiar with the river and all the oxbows.

10. Member
    Alot of fish were caught Tonite big fish was 4.3 second place 2.5

11. Member
    Tonite we had about 25 guys big fish was 4.22! Alot of fish brought to the scales come on out and join us on Thursday nights in New Athens Il

12. Member
    Once again alot of fish caught tonight paid 3 places big fish was 2.45.

13. Member
    USA bassin will be having a tournament on the Kaskaskia June 23rd at the new Athens marina take off at 6am you can pay at the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingacrash View Post
    USA bassin will be having a tournament on the Kaskaskia June 23rd at the new Athens marina take off at 6am you can pay at the ramp.
    I just checked the results of the USA bassin tournaments on the Kaskaskia river. Must be a real tough bite, those carp have ruined what was once a very good fishery.