Thread: 1998 195 vf

1998 195 vf

Hey guys, got a guy wanting to trade me this boat. I’ve never been in one of them and have know idea about the ride or anything else about them. Are they tippy at all when the trolling motor is down? How do they compare to a 300 series ranger or a champion of the same era? Also the transom looks really deep. How much water do they draft while fishing. I fish mostly shallow water year round, so that’s really important to me. I would appreciate any info that anybody might have. Thanks

2. Banned
    I haven't been in a 98 195vf that I can remember but I can tell you about the Chargers I have been in. Tippy is not a issue I have spent many days with my father that is 6'4" and over 300 lb in the back of my boat without noticing a tippy problem. If a big person moves to the edge of a boat that side is going to drop a couple inches I don't care what size or brand the boat is. Not completely sure about the draft of a Charger I fish a private lake that has grass beds in one end. I spent a lot of time on those beds in less then 2' of water. As far as comparing with a Ranger I cant help you yet that's a week away. To a Champion it handles rough water better, slightly slower, and more solid while fishing.