Guntersville Info

Thinking about heading up there the week of May 14. At this time of the year are the fish starting to move deep yet? Really would prefer to fish shallow. Thanks for any information.

2. Member
    Should be able to find some fish both shallow and deep, particulary with the cool April that we had. Water temp yesterday ranged from 60-65 degrees.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

Fish all phases right now. Swimbait is starting to heat up, shad spawn usually 1st week of May so you will probably hit part of that. Getting bites should not be a issue. Some already setting up deeper after spawn.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

4. Member
    I fished this weekend South end Spring Creek then went up. I found very little grass compared to the North end. Does the lower end not have as much grass or was I just finding it.

I'm heading there this weekend myself. I hope I find a few nice stragglers
    Phoenix 919 pro xp

6. Member
    Upper end has more grass along the river, its shallower.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil Good View Post
    I fished this weekend South end Spring Creek then went up. I found very little grass compared to the North end. Does the lower end not have as much grass or was I just finding it.

7. Member
    Any update on how the bite is guys.

Saturday was over cast bite was good. the grass was good to me. I caught my biggest 4.5 on weightless trick worm. Sunday was sunny didn't make right adjustments
    Phoenix 919 pro xp

9. Member
    Got you. Had though about launching maybe Goose Pond area Sat. But conditions look to be pretty tough bright sunny and little wind.

I ran from mud creek making my way into goose pond. Caught all my fish there. Then went to mink creek. If you can go under hwy bridge go right look on you graph find the two high spots the creek runs thru boat kept hitting that spot must be a good spot
    Phoenix 919 pro xp

11. Member
    Thanks for the info I will check it out.

12. Member
    i am at the state park. fishing is tough here for me anyway, lol. but i heard that goose pond and seibold is good. fish the humps at seibold. using a bladed jig, and traps. some said they caught theirs on 10 inch worms. i caught a couple with a watermelon lizard, and a jig with a craw trailer. but i fished town creek and along the clay bank across from the park. was told by the middle of next week the bass SHOULD be back to normal. but there is rain in the forcast. so, hopefully you have more luck than i have had. as usual, we have gone from winter to summer, lol. the heat is on here.