New ulterra i-pilot link want to do a quick disconnect

I have a new tracker 190 with networked Helix 9s My ulterra(also networked) 80 lb motor sits to high for the factory travel cover to fit. I would like to mount it an a quick disconnect plate. Trouble is I cant seem to find short adapters for the network,us2, and foot control cables. Any suggestions??

2. Member
    I guess there is no factory solution. I contacted Minnkota they directed me to Humminbird. Waiting on their reply

3. Member
    Shocker a minnkota rep contacted me this morning wanting to clarify my request. We had a pleasant conversation. He is getting with their engineering department for a possible resolution. I asked to make it plug and play from the base so the MKA-53 plate could be used.This would simplify installation, allow us to secure our unit during storage/traveling, allow the use of factory travel covers, be able to use our investment on several of our boats; all in all a win win for consumers.

Good luck!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper7144 View Post
    Shocker a minnkota rep contacted me this morning wanting to clarify my request. We had a pleasant conversation. He is getting with their engineering department for a possible resolution. I asked to make it plug and play from the base so the MKA-53 plate could be used.This would simplify installation, allow us to secure our unit during storage/traveling, allow the use of factory travel covers, be able to use our investment on several of our boats; all in all a win win for consumers.
    Are they going to make you custom cables?

6. Member
    Thanks BigMouth. mastergun I really dont know. I did ask for a proper cable schematic so I could build my own. I have seen nothing on line about the install process, including their manuals that shows all the connections. I have a man at church that is a boat mechanic and has installed the salt water units. He said to look under the front cover, all he has installed had connectors close to the motor. So back to wait or look and see. If he is correct I wont have to build my own.
    I have been on the road for 25 yrs , I am a trucker, the ulterra is making my fishing so pleasant not having to learn boat control and fishing. LOVE THE SPOT LOCK

Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

8. Member
    Yes texasbass1 I have downloaded every manual minnkota has for the ulterra and the I-pilot link including installation guides. The foot control has a short "pig tail" to disconnect it;that is what i need for the cat5 and us2 cables. The real problem is the 2d sonar cable(us2) and the I-pilot link cable(cat 5) run to the drivers console area, in my case to the network controller at the drivers station. I would LOVE them to have a connector at the base of the motor housing (like the foot controller) allowing quick disconnection of ALL motor cables leaving the remaining lines still connected to the network and ran securely hidden away.

9. Member
    Pepper, Have you heard back from Humminbird about the quick disconnects yet?. I am also looking to upgrade to an Ulterra soon.

10. Member
    No wall3315 I have not. I did call this morning got v-mail. If the rain clears I will begin on my own to come to a solution. will post if I find what will work.

11. Member
    I did get an e-mail from the Minnkota rep He said "I have made engineering and marketing aware of your request that they need to do further investigating and qualification testing that unfortunately will not be done in a very timely manner too busy with other projects."
    I guess they are too busy to look at making their product more user friendly; not to mention sell more accessory products( short extension cables and quick disconnect plates and hardware).