Anyone fish Green this weekend

Man I thought for sure I could do some work down there today and didn't even get a whiff from a fish. Water was typical Green river lake clarity at 61 by the end of the day. Seemed kinda cool today so not sure if a front was coming through and knocked them out or I just suck. Well yeah I suck but not that bad LOL.

What really surprised me was I didnt really see many fish. I would start back about 1/3 into a creek channel and fish back to the shallows looking for rocky / sand banks or points. Once that didnt work went after the rock bluff walls.. Nadda. Saw one fish I believe on a bed and the 2 other which I spooked were so close the the bank they were almost out of the water .. lol.

Just odd as this time last year I was doing well down there.

I talked to my neighbor this afternoon and he fished the NTBA tournament Sunday. From what he said it was good or bad with not a lot in between. He reported people struggling and also people with decent bags of fish. There was not really a lot of in between because most were either on them or not on them at all. I know he said one boat had one fish way up in the day but managed 17 pounds in one area right before the tournament was over. I think 23 won and there was another bag around 22. He said he thought there was 18 boats in the tournament and 17 lbs never got a check but it was slow for some people.

I thought about going today/Sunday but I stayed at the house and done a few things. I am going Monday and possibly Tuesday...I will work every Saturday if it means having the lake to myself during the week LOL.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I talked to my neighbor this afternoon and he fished the NTBA tournament Sunday. From what he said it was good or bad with not a lot in between. He reported people struggling and also people with decent bags of fish. There was not really a lot of in between because most were either on them or not on them at all. I know he said one boat had one fish way up in the day but managed 17 pounds in one area right before the tournament was over. I think 23 won and there was another bag around 22. He said he thought there was 18 boats in the tournament and 17 lbs never got a check but it was slow for some people.

I thought about going today/Sunday but I stayed at the house and done a few things. I am going Monday and possibly Tuesday...I will work every Saturday if it means having the lake to myself during the week LOL.
    I didnt realize there even was a tournament out today. It really felt like the lake was pretty empty. There were guys out fishing but half of them were crappie fishing. Which is probably what I should have been doing.

4. Banned
    Seen some big fish pictures caught today. They all claimed very shallow.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Seen some big fish pictures caught today. They all claimed very shallow.
    Well just twist the knife a little more LOL....... Kidding

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Well just twist the knife a little more LOL....... Kidding
    Not trying to do that at all. Heck I seen some JR19 pigs, I just can't get on them.

We fished Green from 1pm -6pm on Sunday and I was surprised how slow things were too. There wasn’t many boats out there but it seemed there was a boat at every spot I wanted to start fishing.

I caught one on my second cast and I think it hurt us more than helped because that pattern never happened again. We did see some nice ones up on the bank later in the day and I can see why there were some big bags weighed. My buddy didn’t have a fish until about five o’clock and caught three or four in the last hour to make his day.

i think with the lake levels stabilizing and it warming up that its gonna get better this week.

Gene, I’ll keep an eye out for you Monday.
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

8. Member
    I took the wife and my 3 year old crappie fishing yesterday evening after church, the crappie was biting good. The water color looked good along with the wind the whole time crappie fishing I was thinking the bass should be good. I know nolin kicked out but Saturday I think 10.? Got 1,2,&3
    RANGER BOATS

I figured with the warm weather and the lake level finally getting stable I would see some bedding activity today/Monday. I did see 4 active males on bed but no females. I also found a pocket with a shale bank that had 68* water with active shad spawning. There were multiple balls of shad right on the bank doing their thing. Overall my day was decent for numbers but lacking quality. I had around 15-20 bites with nothing over 3.5 Most were 2 lb or less males. I think the high bluebird sky hurt me more than it helped me. They are calling for a 10 mph wind Tuesday so maybe that will help me.