Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad Day Sad People and scared of what comes next

A few days or weeks ago I finally posted pics of my new 2017 Phoenix 921 PHX. Silver white and blue I had gotten it all rigged the way I wanted. Boat was great and I was loving it. Fishing a club tournament this weekend on the California Delta I had a decent prefish and was excited for Friday. Boat all gassed and ready secured to the slip in front of our rooms, right on the water. Friday morning I cook a quick breakfast and head down to the boat to hear a fellow club member mention that I had left early since I was fishing alone. The conversations all stopped when I stepped on the dock. Finally a timid voice asked "George, where is your boat?". Not good. Short version is someone stole a different trailer from the launch next to the marina, backed it in, walked over to my boat, popped the back hatch hit the trolling motor breaker, ran it over to the trailer, loaded it up and drove it away. Less than a month old and still breaking it in. Most of my tackle, 14 reels, 11 rods, half my heart and a bunch of unfulfilled dreams.

Waiting to hear from the insurance company and wondering what shape it will be found in. Apparently some boats they steal and just take the gas, rods etc. and some are stripped to a bare hull then found floating stuck in the tules somewhere. Protect your babies my friends. Not all attention from bystanders is good. Guess the Phoenix looked too good.

2. Member
    That totaly sucks. Thieves should be shot on sight. I bought one of those motorcycle alarms for the boat, but don't have it in yet.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    That’s such a bummer. Sorry to hear.
    I can never believe how scummy some people are.
    Hopefully the authorities find the rig and all your gear.
    Best of luck.

4. Member
    here is an alarm that Drewtick has;

http://myphoenixboat.com/bird/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=121
    Last edited by Tom Edwards; 04-29-2018 at 05:27 PM.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

5. Member

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dam!!!! I hate to hear that.....hopefully you can get it back or insurance treats you right....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Freshwater and saltwater boats and tackle thefts are becoming more common here in California. Thank you to our governor who let's all the tweakers and theives out early so they can continue do this crap.
    Sucks it happened, your boat looked bad ass.

8. Member
    Wow man that sucks. Hoping for the best outcome possible for you

9. Member
    Hope the piece of crap gets caught! Prosecute whomever to the fullest.That is awful and so sorry to hear this! Thank God for insurance

Quote Originally Posted by littleluk View Post
    A few days or weeks ago I finally posted pics of my new 2017 Phoenix 921 PHX. Silver white and blue I had gotten it all rigged the way I wanted. Boat was great and I was loving it. Fishing a club tournament this weekend on the California Delta I had a decent prefish and was excited for Friday. Boat all gassed and ready secured to the slip in front of our rooms, right on the water. Friday morning I cook a quick breakfast and head down to the boat to hear a fellow club member mention that I had left early since I was fishing alone. The conversations all stopped when I stepped on the dock. Finally a timid voice asked "George, where is your boat?". Not good. Short version is someone stole a different trailer from the launch next to the marina, backed it in, walked over to my boat, popped the back hatch hit the trolling motor breaker, ran it over to the trailer, loaded it up and drove it away. Less than a month old and still breaking it in. Most of my tackle, 14 reels, 11 rods, half my heart and a bunch of unfulfilled dreams.

Waiting to hear from the insurance company and wondering what shape it will be found in. Apparently some boats they steal and just take the gas, rods etc. and some are stripped to a bare hull then found floating stuck in the tules somewhere. Protect your babies my friends. Not all attention from bystanders is good. Guess the Phoenix looked too good.
    Really sorry to hear this. The disturbing thing about this is that the perp really knew his way around a bassboat.
    Last edited by Haybo; 04-30-2018 at 05:51 AM.

11. Member
    I'm really sorry to hear this. I leave my boat out there all the time in various marinas and I always worry. A few years ago there was a rash of boat thefts on the Delta where they were stripping them and leaving the hulls on the water. It's really sad. I hope they find it one piece and if I see it I'll certainly raise the alarm.

12. Member
    Sorry for the loss here on my home water delta man that just flat out sucks.

13. Member
    This is infuriating to read about, I really hope the dirt bag(s) that did this are apprehended! What marina did this happen at? I hope things workout for you with the insurance company. Sorry to hear the bad news man
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXp w/250 YamahaSHO

14. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Dude, that takes the cake! Unbelievable that they would go to such extreme by stealing a trailer, then a boat to put on it!
    Why not just get a boat from the lot? Guessing they had to unplug your charging cord as well.
    Please keep us updated on the insurance progress. That really sucks man...sucks!
    Best wishes.

DAMN! That sucks! Scumbags for sure.

I also bought a motorcycle alarm a few months back and haven't installed it yet.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

WOW!!
    That's horrible. ..I hope the out come goes your way the best it can!!

17. Member
    Hope they pay dearly!!! Sorry to hear this.

18. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    That totaly sucks. Thieves should be shot on sight. I bought one of those motorcycle alarms for the boat, but don't have it in yet.
    This!

I'm in the shooting them on site camp! Sickening to hear, I hope you get it made right! Sorry to hear
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

19. Member
    I think they found his boat. This was posted on Westernbass
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7