First trip to Orange-Lochloosa

I am headed to Orange-Lochloosa next weekend. I have never been there so I would appreciate some thoughts on what to expect.

I looked at the Navionics map and they look to be no more than about ten feel deep. Is there much hydrilla? Pads?

Thanks
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Member
    Give me a ring tomorrow night. Was there few weeks ago and had 24 pounds. 904-521-2705

Will do, thanks.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Haven't been to Orange/Loch in over a year, it you do make it there please let us know how you did, I hear Orange has tons of water and it has been producing a great spec season this year....

5. Banned
    We I fished there, that particular tournament was won by anglers fishing a 'deep hole'.. We launched at a 2 named launch (Heggy Beggy-- Huggy Bear) and the aforementioned 'hole' seemed to be across from the launch.

We fished Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and caught dozens of mud fish and warmouth. I had no idea there were that many warmouth in the world.

Bass were few and far between. I fished places that were recommended that looked absolutely wonderful but did not produce. The winner of our club tournament scratched out a limit on a frog in those stand-up-off-the-water lily pads. (What are they called?)

Damn near got killed Sunday morning by tournament boats running through the floating islands in Little Lochloosa at full speed around blind turns.

The locals said the spec fishing has shut down after a wonderful spring.

Thanks for that information, sounds like the bass are struggling to survive amongst the muds and other species.....

Drought has hurt NE lakes BUT rains this week (May 14-18) should fire up bass for 7-10 days...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

9. Member
    Those pads that stand up off the water are called spatter dock. People call them Lilly pads but they aren't Lilly pads. Lilly pads grow flat on the water. The spatter dock hold fish especially if you can find isolated patches of them.

The FWC site says they are spraying Locloosa right now so I'd avoid that place. Orange should be good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Those pads that stand up off the water are called spatter dock. People call them Lilly pads but they aren't Lilly pads. Lilly pads grow flat on the water. The spatter dock hold fish especially if you can find isolated patches of them.

The FWC site says they are spraying Locloosa right now so I'd avoid that place. Orange should be good though.
    welll that sucks. I have a club event there in 3 weeks
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo