Moving to Olive Branch MS

I am moving soon to OB and own a bassboat but I can not find online any lakes where I would be able to fish within a 1 hour radius. Any recommendations? Or do I sell my boat.

Not a whole lot within and hour radius of OB but Pickwick is only and hour and a half, and Bay Springs isn't too much farther. A lot of times both are worth the extra travel. Sardis is within an hour. Tunica cutoff is within an hour. Moon Lake is just a hair over an hour. Enid is just a hair over an hour. Arkabutla is close but it's a mudhole pretty much. I fish Pickwick(1) Bay Springs(2) and usually Moon(3). I haven't been to Sardis or Enid too much over the last few years but with the high water like they have now, there could be some decent fishing. I really like Moon as a change of pace from Pickwick and Bay. It's not very big but I have had some good trips down there the last couple years.
    Jeff Brazil - Allison XB2003 - 225 Mercury Promax

3. Member
    Pickwick is well worth the extra 30 minute drive. If you like crappie fishing then Sardis, Enid, Grenada and Archabutla are some of the best in the country... not so much for bass but still ok to get the boat wet.

4. Member
    McKellar in downtown Memphis, Across the bridge Horseshoe and Dacus. Tombigbee waterway in Tupelo. Sardis and Enid in under an hour. Pickwick 1hr20 mins.

5. Member
    BillD? We already have one of those. He always wears an orange and white hat.

6. Member
    There are several lakes near Olive Branch. Don't sale the boat.
    Kirby Rogers
    2006 Xpress H51
    2006 Yamaha 90
    6" manual JP
    Powertech SS 17' prop
    Humminbird electronics
    47 mph gps

7. Member
    Spend the extra hour in round trip travel and go to Pickwick. One 4lb smallie and you’ll be hooked.