XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Yeah saw that a while ago. I just don't see it taking off. That's half the attraction to a Harley is the noise. If they price it high it will never sell. I went to an open house at a Harley dealer yesterday. The biggest issue with Harley that's holding them back it their COST. A simple Fat Boy is scratching 20 grand now. A new Road Glide with Rinehart pipes and different air cleaner installed by the dealer for the open house was quoted as "High twenties" . In my area you have about four months of good riding weather. I just don't see people wanting a big mortgage to buy a new motorcycle.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Someone else will own Harley after this CEO runs it into the ground.

4. Member
    I did a paper in College about this back in 2011, the conclusion was it would never be successful. You can't take an electric bike for a long ride and probably too heavy for a daily commuter with all the batteries. And with how nobody pays attention when driving anymore I like the noise I make to alert them I am next to them in traffic.

Now if they were to drop prices a few grand on each model, cut the prices on accessories, I mean $11,299 for a sporty, or $400 for a daymaker headlight.... geeze.

I'd really like to upgrade my Dyna Street Bob to a Street or Road Glide but 20K+ is just too much coin.

5. Member
    I’ve been with H-D for 13 years and I’ve been saying for a long time they are gonna price themselves out of customers and that time has finally come! It’s not just the price of the bike, but everything that’s goes along with them. The shop I work at is 110.00/hr, to me that’s crazy, but I have no control over tha. That and H-D has been flooding the market for the last 10+ years and now it’s all catching up with them.

can buy a nice used caddy limo ,or a RV etc for New M/C prices any more

What is everyone seeing for used prices for a Harley Road Glide in your area? Everyone up here wants well over ten grand for one with low miles.

Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    What is everyone seeing for used prices for a Harley Road Glide in your area? Everyone up here wants well over ten grand for one with low miles.
    9 - 16 grand

So you guys would rather Harley just stay as it is and die a slow painful death?
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

11. Member
    I'd rather ride a Vespa. I bet a bunch of their young target audience would as well. A nice one is half the price and more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I'd rather ride a Vespa. I bet a bunch of their young target audience would as well. A nice one is half the price and more practical.
    But then they're target audience would only pick up fat chicks.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

13. Member
    Harley Davidson sent out $1500 coupon to a bunch of people. Good towards the purchase of any soft tail ,touring and trike. Never saw that before. They are hurting. Hd always stood for hundred dollars, the minimum you spend buying a Harley accessory. They also hurt themselves by coming out with new motors to soon. Many dealers don’t want the old bikes on trade in because of this. That’s the word on the street. Heck, my 2010 glide with a stage one and new exhaust puts out what a new Milwaukee 8 does, Sounds better too.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
    But then they're target audience would only pick up fat chicks.
    Checked out the backs of most Harley’s lately?

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Checked out the backs of most Harley’s lately?
    NA....
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089