Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Any updates would be greatly appreciated!! Headed up Monday...

I guess everyone is busy catching them!

2. Member
    Based on the lack of reporting and how quiet it got, I think it is safe to say they are chomping
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    Based on the lack of reporting and how quiet it got, I think it is safe to say they are chomping
    Not on Thursday. "Scratched" out around 15 or so, fished from 8:30 till around 3:30

Unless other guys know something we don’t, it’s been very slow the past couple days. It’s a grind right now. You can catch fish but numbers are way down from previous trips.

5. Member
    Got up Thursday eve, fished Friday and we caught over 100 between 3 of us, we caught 67 today, will be heading out Tuesday.

6. Member
    was there Thursday and until noon on Friday and we did very well (the wife and I ) we fish the bay and the main lake. There is plenty of fish to be caught. I will definitely be going back as that was my first trip there. We probably boated 75 fish in a day and 1/2 few over 6lb and a hand full of 5s awesome couple of days for sure.

7. Banned
    Fishing has been REALLY fickle! 15 one day, 75 the following day.....

i think my problem Thursday was trying to get away from the crowd, and trying something/somewhere different. Probably a mistake. Should have joined the crowd, and caught those fish. I hit areas that usually hold great size/numbers on main lake this time of year, but they just weren’t there.
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 05-27-2018 at 10:44 AM.

8. Member
    We boated 176 today

How many are pulling them off of the beds?? That place gets packed and all it is a bunch of lip ripping bed fisherman. Once the snaggers leave and the place calms down that's when it's enjoyable fishing.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    How many are pulling them off of the beds?? That place gets packed and all it is a bunch of lip ripping bed fisherman. Once the snaggers leave and the place calms down that's when it's enjoyable fishing.
    ^^^Agree^^^
    Personally, I’ve been fishing Presque Isle area since the late 80’s, and have caught countless numbers of smallies, probably in the 10’s of thousands, and have NEVER targeted bed bass. Not one! 2 reasons why: #1 is I don’t bed fish, and #2 is you don’t have to there! They can be caught everywhere! They aren’t all on beds at same time! It’s too easy to catch them up there to rely on bed fishing.

*Bed fishing is for those who are lazy & can’t find them on their own, using their knowledge and skills!
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 05-28-2018 at 08:00 AM.

11. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    *Bed fishing is for those who are lazy & can’t find them on their own, using their knowledge and skills!
    I could not have said it better.... A M E N ! ! !

12. Member
    Everybody deserves an easy day of fishing. But, I feel bad for those fish on beds.

13. Member
    I spent 4 days up there over the weekend we caught 100 in 4 days and we were fishing in 6-16 ft. at the monument Sat it looked like Sunday service with all the boats so close and guys standing up. Was having a good day yesterday catching fish till the jet skies moved in and the bass just shut off. they were coming so close I could have hit them with a lure.

I've never fished a place with so little boating etiquette and commonsense... You'll be anchored out in one spot and some jackwagon will come within casting distance and fish what we call vulture circles around you. Blows my mind.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rxtim83 View Post
    I've never fished a place with so little boating etiquette and commonsense... You'll be anchored out in one spot and some jackwagon will come within casting distance and fish what we call vulture circles around you. Blows my mind.
    that's why I opt for the main lake if at all possible!........easy to be on your own out there.

I use to love the spring bite there but it has turned into a circus. At one time this page was buzzing with info but that's partially why its a nut house up there and why this place is tight lipped now.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

17. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I use to love the spring bite there but it has turned into a circus. At one time this page was buzzing with info but that's partially why its a nut house up there and why this place is tight lipped now.
    You are right Joe.... I stopped going there because the A$$holes have no respect and don't care about anything else but themself. Now I go to 1000 Islands where it is the best of both worlds :)

18. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    that's why I opt for the main lake if at all possible!........easy to be on your own out there.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

I use to take my wife up there and we would have a ball back in the day it's not like that anymore.

20. Member
    Just got back, yes it was a Circus!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast