Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    My friends went up and fished bay and main lake from 6am to 5pm and only caught 3 sm each, and 1 pike. No large mouth caught. Anybody else struggle today?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwags13 View Post
    My friends went up and fished bay and main lake from 6am to 5pm and only caught 3 sm each, and 1 pike. No large mouth caught. Anybody else struggle today?
    Holy crap!
    Heading up in morning, and hoping to do alot better! Temps and weather are "there"!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    Holy crap!
    Heading up in morning, and hoping to do alot better! Temps and weather are "there"!
    Yes please be better tomorrow ,,, lots of storm damage from previous nights rain and wind action leading to no power for 24 hours = you stay home and keep the generator gased up and running ,, and cleaning and removing tree debris ,,, tommorow is going to be a 100 bass day
    Work Work Work no pay no play USA #1

4. Banned
    Anybody going to be up there tomorrow? Besides me?
    Guess ill have them all to myself!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman1963 View Post
    Yes please be better tomorrow ,,, lots of storm damage from previous nights rain and wind action leading to no power for 24 hours = you stay home and keep the generator gased up and running ,, and cleaning and removing tree debris ,,, tommorow is going to be a 100 bass day
    Darn! Sorry to hear. That sucks
    I'll catch some extra 4lb'ers on your behalf

6. Member
    Can't wait to get up there. I got my camp in Erie all opened up and ready last weekend. Going up for 6 days starting next Wednesday. Can't wait. You guys save some for me!!!!
    Justin Hrach

7. Member
    Yesterday was really tough. The bass cooperated in the morning a bit, but when that NE wind picked up about noon the bite completely died.
    Most everyone was gone by mid afternoon, telling me lots of guys had problems. And by 6:00, the bay was empty.....and that normally doesn't happen this time of year.

Yea yesterday was slooow got on water round 3 fished till 8 ish and only got 4. no one I talked to was doing well ones that had caught fish caught them earlier. I got two on a jerk and two on a tube the ones on the tube I think I just happened to drag tube into their mouth bite was soo soft. I was getting between 57 and 59 surface temp in the bay in areas I was and the water level seems to be about 3 ft. high

9. Banned
    well.........got there around 8:00, and fished till 11, and left...
    Caught 2 smallies in that time. I told myself that if i wasn't "on them" in the first few hours, I would pack and leave, since I did have stuff to do back at work, but if they were hitting good, I would have stayed. i fished 3 different areas, all 3 areas had boats on/near it, and nobody was doing anything from what I seen. i talked to a few guys while launching, and they said last several days have sucked bad! I also talked with a few guys on lake, and they said the same. I fished Thompson bay area first, with around a dozen boats there. That's where i caught 2 at. Both went around 2lbs. i watched several boats near me, and they were catching nothing. Went back in bay and fished 2 areas for another hour or more, with nothing. I'm sure i could have targeted lg mouth and maybe caught some, but i went up for smallies. I was going to make a run around 7 miles east on main lake to a favorite area of mine, but didn't want to do that, and most likely strike out. It was one of those mornings where you knew that if you stayed the whole day and tried figuring them out, it wouldn't have happened. Not sure whats up, but the bite is waaaaay slower than it should be right now. i think it's all the east wind we've been getting. i can't see the high water hurting the bite, i actually thought that would help it this springSurface water temp in bay was 60-63, and 54 near Thompson bay on lake. Water was a "little" discolored, but not really that bad. Going to try a day next week, before Memorial weekend, weather permitting.

10. Member
    Brother you ain't lying.

I was in one of them boats you saw at Thompsons and was there or elsewhere in the bay all day til 5pm. It sucked all day, quite distressing.

That East wind locks em up on the Big Lake I'm sure bite will pick up once there is some normalcy to the weather. I hope.. I'll be up there Sunday to give it a shot

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joete1218 View Post
    That East wind locks em up on the Big Lake I'm sure bite will pick up once there is some normalcy to the weather. I hope.. I'll be up there Sunday to give it a shot

Funny thing is, i had my best day ever up on main lake yrs back, with a strong mph east wind. 3 people, over 300 smallies. Go figure?

That's a great day for sure! I've just never had much luck on the east wind did have one great day perch fishing in a strong east wind but no good days for smallies or eyes...but that's just what I have seen

14. Banned

15. Member
    Anybody fish it today ??
    Work Work Work no pay no play USA #1

16. Member
    The weather has not been all that great up here. Winds mostly. Yesterday was brutal for anyone that tried. Water is really high. Either I don't fish as good as I think I do, or the bay turned over last week. It truly shut down. Good news is the next four weeks should be fantastic. Good luck to all.

Headed up in a couple days... Anybody got a recent water temp for the bay and main lake?

18. Member
    Planning on coming up Thursday to smallmouth fish. I heard the Presque Isle Bay and adjoinging main lake were discolored from all the strong NE winds. Looks like the weather is supposed to warm up and the winds are forecast to be out of the south and west beginning tomorrow. Anyone know how long it might take to clear up? Been waiting all year to come up and catch those bedded small jaws but wondering if it is going to be worth a 400 mike trip from KY! Any advice is much appreciated as I have only been here a couple of times.

19. Member
    Im headed up Thursday myself but it's a 31/2 hour trip for me but all in all i hope the water is a lot better than it is now.

20. Banned
    I'm heading up again on Thursday, just for the day. Plan on hitting some favorite spots on main lake.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast