Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Was there over the weekend Main lake was 56 and bay was 59 when i left yesterday. main lake was a little cloudy bay was clear. manged to catch 15 with a few nice 4lbs

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDmax View Post
    Was there over the weekend Main lake was 56 and bay was 59 when i left yesterday. main lake was a little cloudy bay was clear. manged to catch 15 with a few nice 4lbs
    Im sure those are surface temps

3. Member
    those where the temp reading off the Humminbird I know those fish were cold!

4. Banned
    going up tomorrow!
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 05-08-2018 at 03:17 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    going up tomorrow!
    Please let us know,, how great the fishing is .
    Work Work Work no pay no play USA #1

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman1963 View Post
    Please let us know,, how great the fishing is .

7. Member
    Thinking about taking my Dad Sunday. How crowded does the bay get? I have only fished up there in the summer.

8. Member
    Sunday the bay was calm, clear, and the fish turned on to a great bite. Lots of smallmouth caught.
    Monday the wind blew hard out of the NE and the bay got muddy, the temps dropped, and the fishing slowed way down.
    Yesterday was a beautiful day, but the bite still is not hot and heavy.
    Smallies still coming in, some deep, and some shallower. Bucks are making beds on the flats.
    Water temp yesterday was 59 to 62 in the bay. Laggons were 64. Lake is 49.
    My walleye fishing buddies limited out sunday jigging in shallow water.......... could not get bit yesterday.....that NE wind changes a lot of things up here.

9. Banned
    Just got back from Presque Isle. Got on lake around 9:30, and fish Perrys Monument and westward in depths of 5-8 ft. Stayed on 6-8 ft contour with boat, and fished parallel to and cast in shallower with jerks and cranks. Managed around 25 in the first few hours. Around noon, the SE winds shifted, and started blowing out of the east, and as soon as that happened, the bite shut off. Moved to a couple other areas, and picked up 6 more Smallies. After that, went in Lagoon, and guess what was hitting back there!........smallies!!! WTH!? We caught 6 smallies and 6 lg mouth back there.
    Got off lake around 6. All in all not a bad day. Biggest today is the one in picture. It went 4-1/2 lbs. Most went between 2-3 lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 05-10-2018 at 08:26 AM.

10. Member
    Just got back from Presque Isle. Got on lake around 9:30, and fish Perrys Monument and westward in depths of 5-8 ft. Stayed on 6-8 ft contour with boat, and fished parallel to and cast in shallower with jerks and cranks. Managed around 25 in the first few hours. Around noon, the SE winds shifted, and started blowing out of the east, and as soon as that happened, the bite shut off. Moved to a couple other areas, and picked up 6 more Smallies. After that, went in Lagoon, and guess what was hitting back there!........smallies!!! WTH!? We caught 6 smallies and 6 lg mouth back there.
    Got off lake around 6. All in all not a bad day. Biggest today is the one in picture. It went 4-1/2 lbs. Most went between 2-3 lbs.
    IMG_20180509_21753.jpg
    Thinking about going up Sat but they are calling for a high of 58 rain and winds out of Northeast at 5-10mph. Anyone know what the bad winds are for the bay?

I have caught some back in there also early in the year.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwags13 View Post
    Thinking about going up Sat but they are calling for a high of 58 rain and winds out of Northeast at 5-10mph. Anyone know what the bad winds are for the bay?
    It don't matter where the winds are coming from, 5 to 10 mile per hour is fine anywhere in the bay, even the main lake.
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 05-10-2018 at 08:39 PM.

13. Member
    News is calling for bad storms on Saturday.

14. Banned
    either Dave exaggerates a bit, or he knows where they are at! I was there the day he says he caught 200 smallies, and if he did this in the bay, ALL the power to him. Nobody did very well that day because of the wind shift, and the smallies weren't really jumping in the boat after that wind shift that happened around 1! Maybe he got there real early, and caught alot of those 200 before noon!
    I did see him entering the Lagoon around 4 that day, while I was exiting the Lagoon.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...WVudCI6bnVsbH0
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 05-14-2018 at 10:36 AM.

15. Banned
    quietest PI post I've seen in the month of May...............

16. Member
    Anyone fished the bay or lagoon since the weekend ?? I’ll be up tomorrow putting in at the park ,, blue & silver Ranger z118 Etech 150 look for me
    Work Work Work no pay no play USA #1

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman1963 View Post
    Anyone fished the bay or lagoon since the weekend ?? I’ll be up tomorrow putting in at the park ,, blue & silver Ranger z118 Etech 150 look for me
    I will be there too. Black and silver Ranger z119c with red power poles. Hopefully it's happening!
    2015 Ranger z119c, 225 Mercury ProXS

I'll be up tommorow afternoon Black and Yellow Z9 Nitro 250 ProXs hopefully the fish will cooperate

19. Member
    I'll be there too. Fishing out of buddies TR 20x with 225 Yamaha

20. Banned
    Weather looks good for Thursday now, so I'll be up tomorrow
    (Looked in the mirror this morning, and boss looked back at me & said I can take off tomorrow)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast