2003 Ranger 195vs single console Prop set up

Need some help, have a 2003 Ranger 195VS single console with 200 mercury 200 EFI 6 " Atlas Hydraulic jack plate with 1 10' Talon attached. Question is I put a new Fury 25P 3 blade prop on boat and it struggles to come over on plane. Once on plane it will run good and go aprox. 54 MPH. last week in a tournament I drew a rider and boat would just squat won't plane out unless rider sat on front deck. Yesterday tried 23 tempest prop boat jumps right up on pane but has no top end speed. Turning 5600 RPMs doing 45 MPH. Anyone have a similar situation, also boat has 4 group 31 batteries, 4 bank charger and 45 gallon fuel tank. Put it on scale to weigh boat it weighed 3600 pounds with trailer. I believe the trailer weighs about 750 Lbs. I'm told this boat should do aprox. 60 MPH. Thanks

2. Member
    Found that #6 coil pack was bad. 25 pitch Fury running 65 MPH. Thanks

3. Member
    The boat weighs 1660 lbs by itself so just add the extra weight to that number. I'd find a known good 25" tempest to test on it since it will carry a load better than a fury. Is the motor a 2.5efi or a 3.0 L motor?

4. Member
    Mine was doing something similar but I could jump up on plane
    But with a 25 3 blade Tempest would only get in mid 4 grand rpm range and in 40mph zone on speed.

Now I just got this boat and it sat for a long time so fuel in it is avgas but it seemed to pickup speed the more we ran it that day
    First couple runs were in mid 30 mph range!!
    Then we kinda ran it a bit taking off and stopping for maybe 10 minutes then we were hitting 40mph.

When we first went out it wouldn't get up on plane unless I got in front.the douchebag mechanic I had at that time tried to tell me it was prop and I'm like bro its a 200hp motor it should jump on plane still even with the 25p.

I am hoping that it's just the old fuel and with some new fresh fuel and additives it will clean up and run better I don't care about going crazy fast but I want to be able to run with the pack anyway on tournament days.

5. Member
    You should have drained all the old gas out of it and put it in your truck. There is no additive that will help old gas. New plugs and a new gas filter if it has one will help.