Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tackle Warehouse - New Ultrex

Got my 36 v Utrex from Tackle Warehouse today , wife signed for it with UPS guy , when got home the box was looking kinda bad and had been re taped but not terrible , well went to move the box and a metal pin feel out of a whole so i open box and see that the parts that connect the lift assist are scattered and one special screw is gone ,these parts are supposed to be in a plastic baggie bolted to lift part , and the whole unit is not looking like factor packing , It already had the sonar cable connected to the head of unit and they don't leave the factory like that .the one special screw that is in box is damaged ( broke ) , I'm pretty sure this has been used at a show as a demo ,its scratched and its just covered with dust .
    Called TW women there said not their problem unless I could send they whole thing back to them , well the box had been wet in transit and it was not savable and It would be tough for me to get it loaded and shipped back . I always bragged about TW but they are dead to me , they sold me a unit somebody brought back or a demo unit . TW would not even try to get me the little part that was missing from MK so I called Minn Kota said they will send parts to me Monday .

2. Banned
    Wow
    that really sucks!
    I know I would be pissed!
    im surprised they would pull something like that.

Does not sound like TW at all. Should have asked to speak to someone else if what you say is true. I had a large item I got from them have an issue and they immediately got with the manufacturer and got it squared away. they even called a day later as a follow up to make sure all was well.

I see their point. They offer free return shipping and sale whole items and not replacement parts etc. They would have simply sent you a whole new motor if you returned the other one. Who's to say something is not wrong with that one that was possibly damaged in shipping anyway? Not tgheir fault it was damaged in shipping but i bet they would have had zero issue with you sending it back in a different box or maybe take pix of box and send to them. Not sure what they tried to "pull" as the other poster mentioned.

That item may have been drop shipped and TW does not even have a motor to get the part off as well.

4. Banned
    I would send it back!

I got a picture of box and I'm emailing them tonight , but what pissed me off is the unit looks like its been used as a demo . its got little scratches and even the transducer cable has been hook to head and they don't come that way . Im a great customer of theirs and Minn Kota .

6. Member
    Just send it back. They'll send you a new one.
    Dan Mitchell
    2011 Stratos Champion Elite 202
    2021 Mercury Pro XS 225

Sad part about this is I only bought the Ultrex because my Ulterra is in the repair center ,

8. Banned
    I would send it back. Too much money to not. They’ll take it back

9. Member
    That’s it they just made the list!!!
    2015 189 trx

Are they a board sponsor??

11. Member
    I'd send it back , they always have a ups return sticker in the box ,wouldn't even fool with it cost to much. To everyone if you get a box like this destroyed and you are there to sign for it just look at it and say refused shipment to the driver let them load it up send back , they did this to me with a exspensive fishing pole not TW the carton was mangled and I refused it , then called the dealer I bought it from and they where able to check it out and sent a new one out to me good luck

12. Banned
    I would send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    I asked to lady I talked to if she knew about BBC and got no reply .

14. Banned
    On really big purchases like that I always buy local... You waited, got it damaged, now you have to wait for part to be shipped, or you have to take time to get it shipped back and wait for a new one... If you buy local, yes it might be more expense, but you know it's right when you leave the store... How much is your time worth???... Dan

im sure you're itching to throw it on the boat and hit the water. it'd only bug the crap out of you the entire time though. send it back

Go to your local marina and get a box from them they install trolling motors all the time. Then send the ultrex back.

17. Banned
    pretty sure you could have got a better deal form a board sponsor here.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    I got mine from Heavy Metal Fishing, a board sponsor, and saved a lot. No way I could pay msrp with so many sponsors on here.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    I agree , I screwed up dealing with Tackle Warehouse. I tried Jones but it was a Saturday and not opened , I should have waited . I just emailed TW pictures of the scratches on silver deploy arm and you can see the prop has been installed and power leads connected . I can get pics to download on here anymore .
    Last edited by LTZ25; 04-28-2018 at 03:43 PM.

20. Banned

They don't need to be as TW™ gets mentioned on EVERY 'holiday' (3 or 4 threads) e.g. "When does the TackleWhorehouse™ sale start?...." or "I know Arbor Day doesn't get much play in the 'lamestream' but any idea if TackleWhorehouse™ is having a 'sell'?...

And unless the OP made the purchase of the Ultrex™ in TW's "Used/Returned Bin", the item didn't arrive in a 'Brand New' condition and is returnable for either swap or credit to account.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast