Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GT34UHD CV20 shots

I thought I would put these in a new thread. Copied the other stuff and added some more.

A couple of notes. My lake is probably not like yours. Adjusting side imaging means adjusting it for one side on my lake. The depth drops off so quickly that you can only get optimal imaging on one side of the boat. I did tinker with the settings. You won't see many fish. Maybe one or two occasionally. Clear water lake. Boat scares them away. Finding and catching shallow fish on this lake is a Panoptix adventure.

The settings I used that I liked the best were: Brightness 70, Contrast Default, Scroll Speed Fast, Interference LOW, TVG HIGH. I feel certain that after some time there will be a software update that gives better results with the AUTO settings. For me, in this water, at this depth, the above settings were better to my liking than the defaults and Auto. Also I noticed that the ClearVu worked better when a 2d transducer was either directly attached to the unit or on the network. Better meaning the scrolling on auto was better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 04-27-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    Some SideVu
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Combo panel with 2d, down and side. The 2d is a little screwy because I was running pic advance 2/1.

4. Member
    Last ones. The SideVu range looks limited on the distance for getting good detail. Say around 40 ft. It was easy to see that the DownVu/ClearVu range would be much more, like double that. That makes sense since it runs on 800. Not ready to pronounce any final conclusions on range and depth limitations but it was obvious it's going to be less than the other GT transducers.

5. Member
    Cool looking shots nonetheless

6. Member
    Very nice!

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

7. Member
    Leonard, thanks for posting, really appreciate you taking the time to provide us your setting details.

There’s nothing like real world examples by fishermen.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

8. Member
    Cant wait to get mine!

9. Banned
    You need to stop posting stuff like this. Now I have to upgrade.. I think I need another job to pay for my habit..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Last ones. The SideVu range looks limited on the distance for getting good detail. Say around 40 ft. It was easy to see that the DownVu/ClearVu range would be much more, like double that. That makes sense since it runs on 800. Not ready to pronounce any final conclusions on range and depth limitations but it was obvious it's going to be less than the other GT transducers.
    Could by any chance take a picture on how you have your transducer mounted?

11. Member
    My transducer is mounted on the bottom of my trolling motor. Not sure where LW2 has his.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    Could by any chance take a picture on how you have your transducer mounted?
    This is not a current picture but it shows how I mount transducers on the trolling motor. I cut most of the fin off, drill two holes through the part of the fin I kept and mount a custom HDPE block. I have several of these with holes drilled as needed. I also have quite a supply of HDPE washers I've made of varying thicknesses so that I get a tight fit. I also use plastic washers on the bolt for the transducer for a good compression type friction fit. This also works for the PS22. Ordinary setup on the TM is one of the GT combo transducers, PS22, and GT8. Sometimes I get so much stuff on this that the PS22 has to go up on the shaft.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So one is limited with footage on the UHD sidevu, could one still have a regular sidevu ducer connected to unit and swap back and forth to greater distances at times???
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

14. Member
    Yes and yes. But I don't.

I show the UHD on one unit and the GT50/51/52 on another unit. Right now it's the GT50 on the transom. I haven't decided about this summer. Usually May and June find me going to 60 ft and deeper for walleye. Yesterday I caught them at 70 ft. I don't think the UHD will do me much good there except for the ClearVu. I'm not sure just how deep it will work well but it will go pretty deep. But I'm getting hooked on this shallow crappie stuff. So I may have to leave it hooked up in case I can't find those deep walleye and go looking for crappie. This is usually the time that I put the GT52 back on the TM.

Something that I think I've noticed on the UHD is that it is quite different than the GT50/51/52 transducers. On them there are times that a strong return on the left will also show up on the right, just weaker. I'm not seeing that on the UHD. Very differentiated. I don't know if it's an alternate ping situation or what, but it's really good.

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Thanks for the info...if i'm fishing around 20' deep, that's deep for me....i dont scan much outside of 100' but that cause Lowrance dont always get that far so i'm limited when it do but this Garmin just makes me happy i can scan out far whether i'm in shallow or "deep" water....

Alway appreciate your input with this stuff although your DEEP fishing style is deeper than my "Deep".....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Looks good but I would need more coverage from both brands

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    This is not a current picture but it shows how I mount transducers on the trolling motor. I cut most of the fin off, drill two holes through the part of the fin I kept and mount a custom HDPE block. I have several of these with holes drilled as needed. I also have quite a supply of HDPE washers I've made of varying thicknesses so that I get a tight fit. I also use plastic washers on the bolt for the transducer for a good compression type friction fit. This also works for the PS22. Ordinary setup on the TM is one of the GT combo transducers, PS22, and GT8. Sometimes I get so much stuff on this that the PS22 has to go up on the shaft.
    Wow, that is quite the rig! Thank you!

18. Member
    Just for grins....it’s a 12 pin. How do you plug this and a gt52 into a 7612xsv?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusflyr View Post
    Just for grins....it’s a 12 pin. How do you plug this and a gt52 into a 7612xsv?
    Not sure what you mean. No way to plug 2-12 pin transducer into one unit. GT15 is 8 pin, Gt52 12 pin. GT34IHD is 12 pin but it plugs into black box. Black box uses ethernet to unit. Panoptix plugs in network port. To do 2-12 pin transducers you have to have 2 units and network them or a black box. You can only look at one of them at a time on one unit though.

20. Member
    Ok....so need the black box, which Ethernets to the 7612xsv. Since I loose an Ethernet port on the back of 7612xsv...plug the ps30 into the black box as well? Have a ps30 and ps22.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast