Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Talked w Garmin. If I have this right, I cannot use the gt52 transducer or the gt22 transducer I have in this system now...have to buy a gt8?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusflyr View Post
    Talked w Garmin. If I have this right, I cannot use the gt52 transducer or the gt22 transducer I have in this system now...have to buy a gt8?

Please list what you have now. 7612xsv and ???? Include current transducers. If you can't use the GT52 or GT22 it's because you have something else plugged into that 12 pin port. What xd is plugged in it?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    7612xsv, ps30, ps22; gt52, gt22.....garmin guy said I cannot run any transducer that has clearview, hence suggested the gt8 suggestion. Have the gt22 aand ps22 up front on the tm, rest is on the back.
    Last edited by cactusflyr; 05-03-2018 at 07:44 AM.

4. Member
    Ok. I see the problem. GT52 12 pin. Gt22 8 pin. You're all full up. But, you don't need a GT8. You already have 2. The 2d in the GT52 and the 2d in the GT22 is the GT8 2d element.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Called back, talked to a second guy...got a different story. Can use the gt22...just will have to select source for clear view. Thx

6. Member
    Hummmmm..... In 20-30' of water I start with 60' each side then at times bump it to 80-100'. What I'm seeing here is suggesting 40' range in 30' of water? HoooBoy... that gives ya' a mighty wide water column and not a lot of side scan. Thinkin'.... thinkin'... thinkin'....

7. Member
    60 ft or more on sidescan. That's not going to be UHD. A lot of people like the GT30 in that situation. I've never used one so can't say. My favorite is GT50. Based on the specs the GT50 should give slightly better detail than the GT30 and range is not an issue with either.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    60 ft or more on sidescan. That's not going to be UHD. A lot of people like the GT30 in that situation. I've never used one so can't say. My favorite is GT50. Based on the specs the GT50 should give slightly better detail than the GT30 and range is not an issue with either.
    Would you, or anybody, happen to have some screen captures of a GT30 or GT50 in 20-30' of water with the range out there at 60' or more?

9. Member
    Is the GT50 alot better then the GT52 that comes with the +93sv? If it is why? Thanks!

10. Member
    OK.... so I got single issue focused.... Went over to the "Garmin Sonar Images" board. Viewed the video "If this doesn't convince you!" Musky on the Lvs32 . I believe I'll get me some of that! Still don't have a clue what ClearVu/SideVu I'm gonna end up with though.

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    On a side note switching from the 93 to the 1042 heres the first thing I noticed my distance is set at 80-90 feet out and I see eveything clear on the 93 about 50 was max at most times.I have the gt 52 hooked right now and ill play with the gt 40 this weekend .There is a difference moving to a bigger higher resolution unit.

12. Member
    Thanks for the info... The reality for me is I'm "usually" 60-80' but there are times I want/need more range than that. I just read again, your post. Sooo.... basically all you did was move to the 1042 higher resolution and that made the difference? If that's so that's bears well for the 8610xsv results.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Is the GT50 alot better then the GT52 that comes with the +93sv? If it is why? Thanks!
    better? Better for showing structure detail or shows fish best. More narrow front to back cone shows structure detail best, makes fish smaller. Wider front to back make fish bigger, easier to see, structure detail is not as good.

Power-watts. More is stronger.

So I can't argue with the folks that pair the GT15 (600 watts) and Garmin's best 2d transducer with the GT30 that has the same side and down as the GT50.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    better? Better for showing structure detail or shows fish best. More narrow front to back cone shows structure detail best, makes fish smaller. Wider front to back make fish bigger, easier to see, structure detail is not as good.

Power-watts. More is stronger.

So I can't argue with the folks that pair the GT15 (600 watts) and Garmin's best 2d transducer with the GT30 that has the same side and down as the GT50.
    Soooo.... If I said I was going with a GT15 and at GT34UHD you'd say?

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    With the 8600 unit all you need is the GT34 ducer and connect direct to the unit....worst case is you dont like it, remove, sell and get another ducer to try....

GT34 = $250
    GT30 = $200
    GT50 = $450

Those are retail prices from Garmin's website, might be a few dollars cheaper from a board sponsor.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

16. Member
    I'd say that would be Garmins best 2d and best UHD and both will plug straight into an 86xx at the same time. It has separate ports for them.

17. Member
    I'd say that would be Garmins best 2d and best UHD and both will plug straight into an 86xx at the same time. It has separate ports for them.
    Great! Gettin' mo' n' mo' comfortable with the decisions.... But... I'm gonna have 2 8610's at the console.... Maybe better to hook the GT34UHD to one and the GT15 to the other.... just to kinna split the processing load? Also probably going to throw a GT8HW-IH in the bilges for runnin' depth.

18. Member
    Can I safely assume that mounting the GT8HW-IH is not a problem with overheating?

19. Member
    Would you, or anybody, happen to have some screen captures of a GT30 or GT50 in 20-30' of water with the range out there at 60' or more?
    GT50 showing fish
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    GT50 showing fish
    Excellent! Thanks!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast