Please Help!! 2018 Minn Kota Talon Issues

Well I just got done installing 2 of the new Minn Kota Talon 10' w/ bluetooth.

Problems i am having:
    -On all 4 remotes (2 for each talon) the only button that works is the down-nothing lights up on the remote-i cannot retract talon with remote
    -both talons function fine from the controls on the motor (up/dopwn)
    -They will not pair with each other-I go through the pairing process and they both try then beep and shut off (I never get the green light like it describes on the app)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Member
    Are you pressing the up & down arris on the remote first then the talon?

3. Member
    No I have not done this..does this sync the remote to the talon? Not sure why down is working with my remotes but up will not

4. Member
    Install the talon app also and make sure your updates are current
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    What I did with my new BT Talons was:
    1. Sync port and starboard Talons
    2. Download app on my phone and update Talons
    3. Sync remotes
    4. Sync foot control

Once you have 1 & 2 done:

1. Make sure the Talons are retracted. Press the up and down arrows on the remote or foot control until the red lights start blinking. Release the buttons after two seconds.
    2. Quickly press the up and down arrows on one of the Talons until the blue depth indication lights start flashing. Once the lights are flashing on the Talon, release the up and down buttons. The Talons and remote are now in paring mode.
    3. The lights should stop blinking and you should hear three fast beeps from the Talon indicating they are paired with the remote.
    4. If they don't pair after 20 seconds, you will get an error tone. Try the process again.

If you keep having paring problems, you will need to clear the Talons. Press the up button and disconnect power at the same time. Reconnect power and go through the paring steps again.

6. Member
    Start by clearing the talons by holding the up button and turning the power off and back on to the talon. Once that's done pair the talons then pair one remote to one talon. Repeat one remote to one talon till they are all done.