Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Look at what the elites did... they didn't average 1 fish per hour and they were fishing the best time of the year!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone1 View Post
    Look at what the elites did... they didn't average 1 fish per hour and they were fishing the best time of the year!
    Guess u watched a different event than most of us did?

3. Member
    Best time of the year? Yeah usually would’ve been... not the case this year. We had the coldest April in history.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Most fish it for the rod & tee shirt & other goodies
    That's me. I get lots of cool prizes for sucking at fishing

5. Member
    After my initial cussing, I have found their actually is Bass in Grand lake afterall. I have found this year to be some of the best bass fishing I have had on the lake for me. I am glad to hear that the lockjaw virus has finally subsided for the most part. Grand Hater no more.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEANHAWG8806 View Post
    After my initial cussing, I have found their actually is Bass in Grand lake afterall. I have found this year to be some of the best bass fishing I have had on the lake for me. I am glad to hear that the lockjaw virus has finally subsided for the most part. Grand Hater no more.
    Have to agree. My son has been catching some pretty decent fish as of late along with a lot of short fish. Additionally, he has noted a lot of schooling fish.
    Definitely better than previous years. (at least for us) LOL.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

7. Member
    TrackerUser

8. Member
    What were the results from ODWC bass shocking they did?!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    What were the results from ODWC bass shocking they did?!
    As good as ever...and maybe better than ever..

10. Member
    They said the results were "Typical Grand". However, there were a few naysayers who complained that the lake simply wasnt producing up to par of previous years due to various factors, one of them being pressure. I was one of the naysayers. I didnt start fishing grand pretty hard until 3 years ago and I never really did any good on it other than just a bunch of dinks, but this year has been pretty good. Not sure if the fishing is getting better or I am just learning how to fish the lake better, maybe both.

11. Member
    Heard they were shocked at how many shad there were!?

12. Member
    I heard the fish were shocked as well

13. Member
    I wonder why they were loading every spotted bass that was weighed in in ice chests during the last Nichols tournament alive or dead. They had one giant Coleman cooler loaded so far it barely closed and were waiting on another to put more fish in.

14. Banned
    To eat!!!! State removed regulations on spots to get as many out of the water as they can.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    I wonder why they were loading every spotted bass that was weighed in in ice chests during the last Nichols tournament alive or dead. They had one giant Coleman cooler loaded so far it barely closed and were waiting on another to put more fish in.

Because spots are a nuisance and Wildlife Dept would like to see their numbers reduced....in order to aid LM.

16. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I remember the spot tourney they used to have on tenkiller years ago. Something like most weight won in spots. They donated and had a fish fry.... I love catching spots, but I can see where it would be a detriment to the other species... those fish gorge themselves.

On another note, anyone hear the rumor of smallmouth being introduced to grand recently?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post

On another note, anyone hear the rumor of smallmouth being introduced to grand recently?

Always rumors of SM being stocked. Rumors that a former Grda employee stocked quite a few toad SM in Grand from Grdas private lake...

Don't look for an official SM stocking program from ODWC...anytime soon or ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12