Banned

Fencing Industry

The fencing industry must be on fire, as I cannot get a fencing contractor to give me the time of day. I estimate the job to be between 6-7K. Guess these contractors must be rolling in the dough right now.

I could do it myself, but I'd rather just pay cash...like I did for my house, trucks, boat and 1st wife.

My FIL was a project manager and when he would have that situation, he would go to the nearest Home Depot early in the morning and hire a few "workers" for the day, then "manage" them all day long just telling them where to dig etc., then drop them off at the end of the day. I would bet you could have that fence done perfectly in a few days if you offer to pay cash $15 per hour each, might save you a ton of money too!

3. Banned
    You could do the Home Depot™ 'Day Hire Plan' seeing You're in a "Sanctuary State" Try Lincoln Ave. in San Rafael. I got My cabinets done and some hardwood floors put in for My house when I lived in Cotati.

4. Member
    Here in Florida the fence companies have been extremely busy. The storms from last year has made it difficult to get someone to come out. I was able to get 5 companies (some new) to give me estimates and the approximate install dates ranged from 6 or 7 weeks up to 3 months. The fence guys showed up today and are presently removing a damaged fence and now building (on site) the new fence.

5. Member
    I had a fence put in last year...It took a couple of months for the crew to show up..but once they did they were done in a few days and did a great job...The contractor was up front and told me it would be a couple of months before he got to my job and maintained contact and didn't ask for any up front money so it was no big deal for me....I was in no hurry....
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    My FIL was a project manager and when he would have that situation, he would go to the nearest Home Depot early in the morning and hire a few "workers" for the day, then "manage" them all day long just telling them where to dig etc., then drop them off at the end of the day. I would bet you could have that fence done perfectly in a few days if you offer to pay cash $15 per hour each, might save you a ton of money too!
    Our Home Depot day laborers want $200 a day and shaded breaks every hour

7. Member
    I called one the other day for a quote (part of a commercial project i was quoting), he told me to call someone else as he had more than he could do for several months. Wouldn't even give me quote.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

8. Member
    An acquaintance of ours owns a fencing company, you should hear them talk about how hard it is to keep good help. Everyone wants the fence done at the best price. It must be a tough buisness.